Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed out on the SONY MCH SACD but this sounds MIGHTY TASTY nonetheless

R-5020599-1512599818-2516.jpeg.jpg

COME DANCING WITH THE KINKS; THE BEST OF THE KINKS 1977~1986 [KOCH RECORDS/Stereo SACD] HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!

https://www.discogs.com/The-Kinks-C...e-Best-Of-The-Kinks-1977-1986/release/4881910

R-4881910-1378350083-3352.jpeg.jpg

1Come Dancing3:54
2Low Budget3:47
3Catch Me Now I'm Falling5:58
4A Gallon Of Gas3:48
5(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman (Disco Edit)5:58
6Sleepwalker4:03
7Full Moon3:51
8Misfits4:44
9A Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy5:02
10Do It Again4:11
11Better Things3:00
12Lola (Live)5:20
13You Really Got Me (Live)3:35
14Good Day4:35
15Living On A Thin Line4:15
16Destroyer3:46
17Don't Forget To Dance4:37
18Father Christmas3:40
Primis Player Placeholder

Last edited:
You can pick up a copy of this signed by Matthew Sweet--proceeds go directly to him!
View attachment 60013 Matthew Sweet Girlfriend
https://www.interventionrecords.com...tographed-expanded-edition-cd-sacd-pre-order/
My “Girlfriend” finally arrived on this lovely New England morning. My wife found her sitting on the front step, just where Jeff Bezos’s associate had left her. Fortunately for me, my wife let “Girlfriend” in from the cold. Shortly thereafter, I took the OPPOrtunity to have her ripped to dsf files. The SACD was treated humanely at all times, and now joins my other mint condition SACDs in storage.

My “Girlfriend” finally arrived on this lovely New England morning. My wife found her sitting on the front step, just where Jeff Bezos’s associate had left her. Fortunately for me, my wife let “Girlfriend” in from the cold. Shortly thereafter, I took the OPPOrtunity to have her ripped to dsf files. The SACD was treated humanely at all times, and now joins my other mint condition SACDs in storage.

You're one of the lucky ones, Mr. E, as my Girlfriend stood me up. Was supposedly shipped a few weeks ago but never arrived. Hope you enjoy it...A favorite Matthew Sweet pop confection!

You're one of the lucky ones, Mr. E, as my Girlfriend stood me up. Was supposedly shipped a few weeks ago but never arrived. Hope you enjoy it...A favorite Matthew Sweet pop confection!
Sorry to hear that your Girlfriend has lost her way. Don’t judge her too harshly when she finally arrives. Face it, it’s hard to stay mad at Tuesday Weld!

One of the MANY loves of the redoubtable Dobie Gillis!

See the source image

See the source image
LIKE, Hi
Dobie Gillis’s rival for the Tuesday Weld character’s affection was a guy played by Warren Beatty.

The original album title was “Nothing Lasts,” but it was changed to “Girlfriend” after objections by Tuesday Weld.

“Girlfriend” and Beck’s “Sea Change” would make for an interesting back to back listen.

Dobie Gillis’s rival for the Tuesday Weld character’s affection was a guy played by Warren Beatty.

The original album title was “Nothing Lasts,” but it was changed to “Girlfriend” after objections by Tuesday Weld.

“Girlfriend” and Beck’s “Sea Change” would make for an interesting back to back listen.

Warren Beatty who played the character of rich kid, Milton Armitage, only appeared in 5 episodes. And why would Tuesday object to Nothing Lasts as in reality nothing does. Good bit of trivia, Mr. E!

And I'll take your sage advice once I do receive Girlfriend and play it back to back with Beck's Sea Change [a fantastic album in 5.1]!

Wow, I'm getting, like, all misty.

I think it was the liner notes of Zero Hour in which Astor wrote,"We played like we wanted our grandchildren to understand, this is who we were!" Paraphrasing, but you get the idea.
The antepenultimate paragraph of Fernando Gonzalez's liner notes:

These are demanding pieces, yet the individual playing remains consistently precise and intense throughout. As an ensemble, Piazzolla and his New Tango Quintet sound focused, loose and forceful. They are in total control of the music and prove it by casually changing direction, moods and dynamics on a dime. Piazzolla immediately recognized that the quintet had accomplished something special, believing it to be ". . . the greatest record I've made in my entire life. We gave our souls to it. This is the record I can give to my grandchildren and say, 'This is what we did with our lives.'"

Thanks for the inspiration to go back and reread those notes! It had been decades since last i read those powerful words. Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

I forgot to mention, I finally got these two SACD's stereo only. Good nice rich sound. I have the CD of keep The Faith and the SACD is far better in tone and depth, I am sure The Cranberries would be the same if compared, but I don't have.
View attachment 60898View attachment 60899

Been thinking about getting the Bon Jovi for ages but there were never any reviews. This might be enough to make me jump.

The Pretenders ‎– Learning To Crawl
Mobile Fidelity stereo SACD

"Features a set of truly remarkable tunes. Back on the Chain Gang is a touching tribute to her fallen comrades that still sounds bitterly rueful, Middle of the Road is a furious rocker that explores the emotional and physical toll of a musician's life, Time the Avenger is a taut, literate examination of a businessman's adulterous relationship, My City Was Gone deals with the economic and cultural decay of the Midwest in a manner both pithy and genuinely heartfelt"

MVIMG_20200217_082809.jpg

UDSACD2057-2.jpg

Back