Quantcast

Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Titch

Stan Getz Plays (mono) Japan SACD
Concerto - Jim Hall MoFi SACD
A Whizzer, a True Star - Todd Rundgren
Summer Days and Summer Nights - Beach ⛱ Boys (mono) SACD
A Wizard, A True Star is quite possibly the most batshit crazy album ever released, which doesn't just contain feedback. Definitely the craziest album I have on SACD.

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I like historical pieces of music, that are the parts and pieces that grow into something different, The Band and Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes is a fine example. MOFI SACD stereo, DSD file, Dynamic Range 10's, 11's and 12's.
R-3943475-1350047422-5030.jpeg.jpg

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Black History Month has inspired me to revisit my Stevie Wonder SHM-SACDs
1612308155681.png
Talking Book

Quad Linda

Staff member
Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.
I think they did a great job taking into account that these tapes are XX years old AND they have been played MANY a times...

This was THE LP where I learned that an early pressing (I have a 1968 Reprise pressing which is in VG condition that I got about 30 years ago) is a real treat and the ones to have if you want to hear a fresh recording....