Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Titch

Stan Getz Plays (mono) Japan SACD
Concerto - Jim Hall MoFi SACD
A Whizzer, a True Star - Todd Rundgren
Summer Days and Summer Nights - Beach ⛱ Boys (mono) SACD
A Wizard, A True Star is quite possibly the most batshit crazy album ever released, which doesn't just contain feedback. Definitely the craziest album I have on SACD.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I have this one too! And the previous one you posted. Good stuff.
They'd probably sound freakin' amazing through the SURROUND MASTER. Too bad ALL the CAN SACDs are OOP! they ALL sound spectacular even in stereo!

NEXT UP:

CAN SOON OVER BABALUMA [Mute/Stereo SACD]

See the source image

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I like historical pieces of music, that are the parts and pieces that grow into something different, The Band and Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes is a fine example. MOFI SACD stereo, DSD file, Dynamic Range 10's, 11's and 12's.
R-3943475-1350047422-5030.jpeg.jpg

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Black History Month has inspired me to revisit my Stevie Wonder SHM-SACDs
1612308155681.png
Talking Book

Quad Linda

Staff member
Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.
I think they did a great job taking into account that these tapes are XX years old AND they have been played MANY a times...

This was THE LP where I learned that an early pressing (I have a 1968 Reprise pressing which is in VG condition that I got about 30 years ago) is a real treat and the ones to have if you want to hear a fresh recording....