Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mixed emotions on this Japanese SACD release. I love the music, big fan of Yes with Trevor Rabin, my favorite Yes.
The bottom end sounds really good on this but the top end a little bright and harsh. I wouldn't be suprised at all if the 1990 RBCD does not sound better?
R-10139013-1494528937-2531.jpeg.jpg

I received my even numbered shipment of discs today from DV. Although it deviated from GOS's Law, there was only one cracked disc case. As it turns out the Dutton Epoch CD sampler took one for the team LOL, leaving the 5 others SACDs in pristine condition. The CD itself was actually fine but there was a two inch crack in the case. :unsure: Next step, ripping the iso and DSD files.

I have mixed emotions on this Japanese SACD release. I love the music, big fan of Yes with Trevor Rabin, my favorite Yes.
The bottom end sounds really good on this but the top end a little bright and harsh. I wouldn't be suprised at all if the 1990 RBCD does not sound better?
View attachment 62972
I remember my original CD sounded pretty damn bright.

Listening now to this mono Fank Sinatra from 1950. Ralphie you are going to love it, I even like it, sounds absolutely perfect, clear as a bell. Track 14 is incredible, you are live in the recording studio, talk about audiophiles, engineers and Frank saying, move a smidge there, closer, just Like I do with my own speakers and there doing it with a full orchestra and band.
Fantastic liner notes, how the got the tapes, etc.
I did not know that Sony Music in Boyers, Pennsylvania, had a storage vault carved in limestone 220' below ground are nearly 2 million sound and video recordings owned by Sony.
Too bad Universal didn't have the same forsight instead of a wooden barn.
14618.jpeg

Last edited:
50th Anniversary SACD stereo Let It Bleed, Japanese issue. Released Dec 18, 2019. Stereo and Mono discs.
I have four versions of this, BD-A, orginal SHM SACD and the two 50th anniversary, stereo and mono.
DR's for this are 8's, 9's, 10's, 12. Al four discs are about the same. Recorded well.
R-14560698-1577098726-1878.jpeg.jpg

Back