Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Audiophile Treasure from Analogue Productions [Stereo SACD/2 disc set]

See the source image

See the source image

The cover is the US version. Which track lineup, UK, US or other?

It is the UK track listing, with bonus tracks added.

Stereo
1. N.S.U.
2. Sleepy Time Time
3. Dreaming
4. Sweet Wine
5. Spoonful
6. Cat's Squirrel
7. Four Until Late
8. Rollin' and Tumblin'
9. I'm So Glad
10. Toad
11. Wrapping Paper
12. I Feel Free
13. The Coffee Song
Mono
14. N.S.U.
15. Sleepy Time Time
16. Dreaming
17. Sweet Wine
18. Spoonful
19. Cat's Squirrel
20. Four Until Late
21. Rollin' and Tumblin'
22. I'm So Glad
23. Toad
24. Wrapping Paper
25. I Feel Free
26. The Coffee Song
27. Wrapping Paper (French EP Version)
28. Sweet Wine (French EP Version)
29. I'm So Glad (French EP Version)
30. Cat's Squirrel (French EP Version)
31. Rollin' And Tumblin' (French EP Version)
32. Four Until Late (French EP Version)

"[QUOTE="Quad Linda, post: 507391, member: 6089"

4 weeks ago this coming Friday, I had hoped to p/u at Music Direct. Foolishly, I told them to send it. I live in the Northern 'burbs of Chicago. They're on the far North side of Chicago. Still haven't seen the Johnny Cash mono SACD. They've been sucessful slowing the mail!"

When you get it it will have been well worth the wait.

Last Sunday a cycling friend of mine on Kings Rd was hit by a car, succumbed to massive injury's 4 days later. We cyclist take the danger of riding with cars the best we can, I can tell you I had quite a few close calls with drivers not paying attention to driving. So this is for my good friend Irish Frank Masterson.
Queen- 1984's Jazz re- released stereo SHM SACD 2/22/2012. "Bicycle Race" ding ding:cry:
R-3639008-1347284820-2122.jpeg.jpg

This is the BEST version I've ever heard....it's AMAZING!! Almost sounds like it's in SURROUND!! Also the presentation it comes in is AWESOME!! Expensive on the 2nd hand market. Now if only Japan would do a Quad of it :love: :SB
View attachment 55527
View attachment 55528
Yes, what you have I believe is the better version of the two. I don't know what happened but there are two 7" SACD releases within 3 years of each other which is rare. The first released 8/27/2014 that I got sounded like shit, I remember talking to 4earredwonder about this, then 2/22/2017 they released this version that you have and I have to admit definitely better than the first version. In Discogs they list your version as a repress but don't know the reason? I have both and the repress 2/22/2017 is the one you want, is it better than the original1994 CD? This story is the same for Big Generator, in my case I got the first one but not the second. No other Yes albums where released in the 7" package.
R-7454342-1441813193-1546.jpeg.jpg
R-9961058-1489357289-4194.jpeg.jpg
R-7455104-1441821407-1469.jpeg.jpg
R-10139013-1494528937-2531.jpeg.jpg

Yes, what you have I believe is the better version of the two. I don't know what happened but there are two 7" SACD releases within 3 years of each other which is rare. The first released 8/27/2014 that I got sounded like shit, I remember talking to 4earredwonder about this, then 2/22/2017 they released this version that you have and I have to admit definitely better than the first version. In Discogs they list your version as a repress but don't know the reason? I have both and the repress 2/22/2017 is the one you want, is it better than the original1994 CD? This story is the same for Big Generator, in my case I got the first one but not the second. No other Yes albums where released in the 7" package.
View attachment 55530View attachment 55531 View attachment 55532View attachment 55533
Actually "Going For The One" was, but it SUCKS BIG TIME!! Stay away👎👎👎

Good to know, I totally missed that one. Looks like same releases, a 2014 and a 2017. Well I did purchase the AF release in 2013 so I am sure that is why I never went after the Japanese release.
View attachment 55535View attachment 55536View attachment 55537
I didn't know there were 2 releases of GFTO from Japan, I'll have to check which I have :eek:

PS: If anyone has both Japanese releases of GFTO (is there any difference between the 2) as well as the Mobile Fidelity, could you please do a comparison, and explain which is best and why? I'd appreciate it greatly :) :bowing:

Last edited:
Johnny Cash "I Walk The Line" MFSL, mono.
Using analog outputs of Cambridge CXU sounds fantastic! Using digital outputs of the Cambridge and processing in my Marantz AVP great but definitely not as good as analog from the CXU.
Sound stage very mono and real from analog CXU but wider and spacier from Marantz.
My lesson is sometimes it is better to listen to something in what was intended than processing for better sound.
Oh yes " Give My Love To Rose" fantastic!
I guess mono isn't so bad if you really like the music and liking the music is what this hobby of ours is suppose to be about.
BTW Abbey Road is better in surround IMHO.

Back