Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E783F52C-FB8B-4C14-9A2D-0F7AC48025B3.jpeg
The version on the Analog Spark label.
I had a friend, when asked, tell me “it’s no sonic revelation”.
He’s right but I can say this is without a doubt the best sounding version I’ve heard

Caravanserai - Santana Japan SACD
My Story - Henry Townsend
All the Great Hits - Diana Ross HK/Japan SACD
I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash mono
Love you Live - Stones Japan SHM-SACD
The Hawk - Coleman Hawkins
Black Market - Weather Report Japan SACD
Tears Roll Down - Tears for Fears HK/Japan SACD bonus - Shout & EWtRtW remixes

Caravanserai - Santana Japan SACD
My Story - Henry Townsend
All the Great Hits - Diana Ross HK/Japan SACD
I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash mono
Love you Live - Stones Japan SHM-SACD
The Hawk - Coleman Hawkins
Black Market - Weather Report Japan SACD
Tears Roll Down - Tears for Fears HK/Japan SACD bonus - Shout & EWtRtW remixes
Hi...have you had a chance to compare the Black Market and Caravanserai SACDs with the CDs? Are they much better? Thank you.

Honestly, I never have. My Black Market CD is Japanese, as is SACD. Caravanserai CD is an early CD from Europe. Not sure where it was pressed. Probably either Japan or Austria. As usual, I bought the CD's as imports in the 80's, before they were released here on CD. Not sure that a/b'ing to those import CD's will tell you anything about how the domestic pressings sound.

It may be a while before I get a chance to a/b them. I'm mucho busy and rarely post on QQ lately. I've got a lot of a/b'ing I haven't done for my own SACD purchases. Tears Roll Down HK/Japan SACD came yesterday. I have a Columbia Record Club CD of that. If/when I get a chance to compare them, I'll post it. That may be a while. Sorry.

Hoping all the Santana Quads will be released on SACD multi.

Hi...have you had a chance to compare the Black Market and Caravanserai SACDs with the CDs? Are they much better? Thank you.

Last edited:
Honestly, I never have. My Black Market CD is Japanese, as is SACD. Caravanserai CD is an early CD from Europe. Not sure where it was pressed. Probably either Japan or Austria. As usual, I bought the CD's as imports in the 80's, before they were released here on CD. Not sure that a/b'ing to those import CD's will tell you anything about how the domestic pressings sound.

It may be a while before I get a chance to a/b them. I'm mucho busy and rarely post on QQ lately. I've got a lot of a/b'ing I haven't done for my own SACD purchases. Tears Roll Down HK/Japan SACD came yesterday. I have a Columbia Record Club CD of that. If/when I get a chance to compare them, I'll post it. That may be a while. Sorry.

Hoping all the Santana Quads will be released on SACD multi.
Thank you! I recently bought the remastered CD versions of both, but will immediately buy the SACDs if it makes sense. Great music.

Nilsson Schmilsson 2ch MoFi SACD #174

Fantastic music!!

a/b'ed several tracks vs. 2004 remaster CD 7 from RCA Albums Collection 17 CD box. MoFi SACD is a bit lower level. MoFi has better dynamics, depth & high end is cleaner.

My 1st copy was Q8. It and my CD-4 are my most listened to copies. Too bad SACD isn't multi....

Back