Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STEVIE -Takin' a trip down Voodoo way...

SRV&DT CSTW.jpg

Ok...how does it sound :cool:
I think it’s a good sounding disc. I haven’t played this album since the 80’s on my old toy system though and I don’t have another version to compare it to. Also, I’ve only listened to the stereo version on the disc. The SACD is mastered fairly low so you have to crank it up a bit to get to a good listening level. It may be slightly lower than the AP Axis Bold As Love SACD. I thought Jimi’s vocals come through fine and sounds good throughout the CD. His guitar also sounds good. There are several songs that his guitar’s sound really grab my attention such as his beautiful tone on The Wind Cries Mary.
I’m very glad that Analogue Productions has finally released this SACD and that I added it to my collection.

David

JIMI HENDRIX - Are You Experienced AP 2020 SACD.
One of my favorite albums of all time. I think this this disc sounds great given the limitations of the time and technology when it was recorded.
This music will help me out of my manic depression, through the purple haze, and help me experience the reality that we all exist on the third stone from the sun. 🥃 🥃🥃:SB

I’m listening to TOTO IV hi Rez 24/192 sorry for that, but I’m wondering how this sounds in SACD. Anyone out there have the stereo version? Is it worth the money? I’ve been on the fence now for weeks and need to decide to buy or not to buy! Please help me out!

Attachments

• 92B0D078-5DF7-4137-AF49-EA182848A9A5.jpeg
    92B0D078-5DF7-4137-AF49-EA182848A9A5.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 124
Back