Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Feel So Good I’m gonna break somebody’s heart tonight.

image.jpg

The Pretenders ‎– Learning To Crawl
Mobile Fidelity stereo SACD

"Features a set of truly remarkable tunes. Back on the Chain Gang is a touching tribute to her fallen comrades that still sounds bitterly rueful, Middle of the Road is a furious rocker that explores the emotional and physical toll of a musician's life, Time the Avenger is a taut, literate examination of a businessman's adulterous relationship, My City Was Gone deals with the economic and cultural decay of the Midwest in a manner both pithy and genuinely heartfelt"

View attachment 60924
View attachment 60925

Great album. I picked this one up during the Holiday season, 2019.

I wonder what happened with the MoFi release of Pretenders II.
It sounds like someone thru a blanket over the speakers. 🤔

EXQUISITE Interpretations of Respighi and Debussy's La Mer in stunning Sonics from Maestro Reiner and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in THREE CHANNEL SACD! HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION

81nBURTNygL._SL1500_.jpg

Also available from Analogue Productions [3~Channel SACD] MINUS the Debussy La Mer. IMO, they're both worth the 'investment'

81OoPAs9qSL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
59A872D7-B3A4-4D37-B4D4-60A6DD431B90.jpeg
Hugo Montenegro - The Godfather &
A Fistful of Dollars Etc.

Silky smooth and clear (but sometimes fatiguing), generally nice recordings though very little bottom end on The Godfather tracks

Last edited:
After being tossed around in the mail for what seemed an interminable period during the Christmas RUSH, Mr. Postman finally delivered my Intervention Records copy of Matthew Sweet's glorious A & M opus GIRLFRIEND on a spectacularly remastered Stereo SACD with 3 bonus tracks. And I am loving it!

And here's looking at you, too, TUESDAY WELD!

719oBVtjHoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
After being tossed around in the mail for what seemed an interminable period during the Christmas RUSH, Mr. Postman finally delivered my Intervention Records copy of Matthew Sweet's glorious A & M opus GIRLFRIEND on a spectacularly remastered Stereo SACD with 3 bonus tracks. And I am loving it!

And here's looking at you, too, TUESDAY WELD!

719oBVtjHoL._SL1500_.jpg
So Tuesday arrived on Monday. Happy Wednesday!

Back