Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0840A7FF-68DD-4EBE-860F-4C824BCCA256.jpeg
In some ways the sound reveals it’s age but overall it’s nice, direct and immediate, especially Clifford Brown.
And Miss Vaughan is positively alluring

Stan Getz Plays (mono) Japan SACD
Concerto - Jim Hall MoFi SACD
A Whizzer, a True Star - Todd Rundgren
Summer Days and Summer Nights - Beach ⛱ Boys (mono) SACD
A Wizard, A True Star is quite possibly the most batshit crazy album ever released, which doesn't just contain feedback. Definitely the craziest album I have on SACD.

Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.

Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.
I think they did a great job taking into account that these tapes are XX years old AND they have been played MANY a times...

This was THE LP where I learned that an early pressing (I have a 1968 Reprise pressing which is in VG condition that I got about 30 years ago) is a real treat and the ones to have if you want to hear a fresh recording....

Back