Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking Book is a great album and a well done SACD.

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD. I'll try to a/b the SACD to the CD when I get a chance. I have a few dozen surround SACD's and perhaps 150 CD's I have yet to open. It may be a while.
You know, I’m probably as wealthy as you but I don’t go around flaunting how many discs I have. Especially, the ones you haven’t opened. :rolleyes::cautious:

By the way, what is your address? :love:

You know, I’m probably as wealthy as you but I don’t go around flaunting how many discs I have. Especially, the ones you haven’t opened. :rolleyes::cautious:

By the way, what is your address? :love:
I have no idea of how much wealth anybody has on this forum but, if you do have wealth, then I'm happy for you. I'm even happier for you if you have good health and an enjoyable life.

When I was in my late teens to early twenties I attended college at a "commuter school," i.e., I lived at home while attending school. Back in those days CUNY(the City University of New York) was tuition free and cost me all of $600 in registration fees plus books, all in for a year. I also worked twenty at the Post Office and, as far as I was concerned, I had untold wealth. I gave a percentage of my income to my parents(around 15%?) and still had plenty of money left over to attend concerts 1-2 times a month(usually at the Fillmore East) and buy as many records as I wanted. I had a Pioneer receiver, a Garrard turntable and a pair of JBL Century L100 speakers. Almost all of my discretionary income went to music related expenditures. At any given time I had anywhere from 10 to 20 albums still wrapped in cellophane, waiting to be played. As far as I was concerned, it didn't get any better than that. My point is that, while I was far from wealthy, I can't recall any time in my life when I had so much relative to any real measure of happiness. I could have bought a car and had far less but New Yorkers don't drive anyway LOL! Bottom line is, everyone has their own priorities and spends their money according to their own needs and interests. I'm very comfortable now but my wife and I also bought our home close to thirty years ago(the mortgage is paid off) and we don't have anywhere near a lavish lifestyle. We have an 11 year old Toyota Prius and a 5 year old Honda CRV, neither of which would turn any heads, so we don't have car payments either. In the end, a lot of it has to do with where to choose to spend your money.

^ Uh...that was written as a joke. Everyone has their sense of humor. That was mine. (y)
Homer-Laughing.png

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
I bought that Aerosmith compilation the day it hit the street. Most thrilled because it was in a gold multi-ch sleeve.

Imagine my surprise to find it was 2ch. Most disappointing 😕

It's a wonderful compilation. You need it!!

Reactions: GOS
I actually don't know which version of the Japanese SHM SACD that I own, it has been released as a SHM SACD 2008,2010 and 2012. Blind Faith-Blind Faith.
I don't really mind the front cover, but you have to admit it is a little weird, that is the reason I didn't show the cover.
The green SHM SACD disc. Super excellent sounding.
R-4194815-1414972820-2341.jpeg.jpg

Actually when I first bought the cassette back then it had this cover on it.
R-14377131-1573372493-5108.jpeg.jpg

I actually don't know which version of the Japanese SHM SACD that I own, it has been released as a SHM SACD 2008,2010 and 2012. Blind Faith-Blind Faith.
I don't really mind the front cover, but you have to admit it is a little weird, that is the reason I didn't show the cover.
The green SHM SACD disc. Super excellent sounding.
View attachment 62853
Actually when I first bought the cassette back then it had this cover on it.
View attachment 62854
Won’t need to use a green marker LOL! Owning the alternate cover could land you on the sex offender registry. Although the girl on that cover sadly reminds me of the late Sophie.

I love my mini LP little white box collection, they are so cool. I know I am missing two, Fairport Convention and The Carpenters singles.
I wish I could find a list of what little white box edtions where released, to compare what I have.
This is Regatta De Blanc. I like many of The Police songs with there releases, but for some reason I either love a track or hate a track, I always skip thru certain songs when listening to a disc.
R-6345184-1416964680-8500.jpeg.jpg

I love my mini LP little white box collection, they are so cool. I know I am missing two, Fairport Convention and The Carpenters singles.
I wish I could find a list of what little white box edtions where released, to compare what I have.
This is Regatta De Blanc. I like many of The Police songs with there releases, but for some reason I either love a track or hate a track, I always skip thru certain songs when listening to a disc.
View attachment 62856
vinyl-collection-peanuts-gang.jpg
proud.jpg

Taking my first trip with Burton Cummings, never even heard of him until this Dutton Vocalion release. Learning now he was the lead singer and keyboard player (1965-1975) of The Guess Who, I can recognize his voice.
I am listening to the two stereo SACD's of this threesome release from DV. Nice to sit and listen to great sonic quality music.
My Own Way To Rock 1977- DR's are 12's, 13's, 14 & 15.
Dream Of A Child 1978- Dr's are 12's, 14's & 15.
R-6349442-1611265941-3181.bmp.jpg
R-6349511-1417083563-6778.jpeg.jpg

Back