Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How good is this one?.
It's sounds fantastic!
My first CD of this album always sounded fine to me until I played it on my current system. Then I heard distortion and noise that I never noticed before.... I was shocked and very disappointed that is sounded so badly! I walked up to my speaker and put my ears right up to the speakers trying to find out what was going on. I was afraid that I'd damaged my speaker and it was causing this distortion, but it wasn't. I've always loved this album and couldn't believe what I was now hearing... I don't claim to be an "audiophile" and I have intentionally avoided the listening lessons to become trained in what to listen for in a recording... I simply want to enjoy what I have, but with this CD, I found out what a bad recording sounded like!
"The Cars ‎– The Cars
Label: Elektra ‎– 135-2, Elektra ‎– 64135-2
Format: CD, Album, Reissue
Barcode: 0 7559-60524-2 9
Made In U.S.A. By WEA Manufacturing Inc."

Anyway, I ordered this SACD when it became available and it sounds great!

It's sounds fantastic!
My first CD of this album always sounded fine to me until I played it on my current system. Then I heard distortion and noise that I never noticed before.... I was shocked and very disappointed that is sounded so badly! I walked up to my speaker and put my ears right up to the speakers trying to find out what was going on. I was afraid that I'd damaged my speaker and it was causing this distortion, but it wasn't. I've always loved this album and couldn't believe what I was now hearing... I don't claim to be an "audiophile" and I have intentionally avoided the listening lessons to become trained in what to listen for in a recording... I simply want to enjoy what I have, but with this CD, I found out what a bad recording sounded like!
"The Cars ‎– The Cars
Label: Elektra ‎– 135-2, Elektra ‎– 64135-2
Format: CD, Album, Reissue
Barcode: 0 7559-60524-2 9
Made In U.S.A. By WEA Manufacturing Inc."

Anyway, I ordered this SACD when it became available and it sounds great!
Good to hear will get it on my next order

Up next is another great one....

The Cars / Heartbeat City

1622810335905.png

One can ONLY wonder why Universal Japan who manufactures SHM~SACD [from blank DVDs] in their OWN pressing plants NEVER released any multichannel single layered SHM~SACDs.

One can ONLY imagine how awesome they'd sound!

I'm sure Universal Japan has a stash of pristine QUAD master tapes sitting in their vaults........and perhaps they could start with those MOTOWN Quads!

And since the newer SHM~SACDs are priced under $26 at CDJapan ..... they'd sell in DROVES!

The Church - Starfish

(2021) Intervention Records

1622938316571.jpeg

Wikipedia:

Starfish is the fifth album by the Australian rock band The Church, released in February 1988. The band's international breakthrough album, Starfish went gold in America and has remained their most commercially successful release. The album sold 600,000 copies in the United States alone. The first single, "Under the Milky Way", charted in the US Billboard Hot 100, peaking at No. 24, and at No. 2 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, leading to significant exposure of the then relatively underground Australian act. In Australia "Under the Milky Way" climbed to No. 22, and Starfish reached No. 11 on the album charts.

The album was recorded/produced in Los Angeles by L.A. session musicians Waddy Wachtel and Greg Ladanyi. The recording is more sparse and open than its predecessor, Heyday, which featured orchestral arrangements with brass and strings. Many of its songs have seen heavy rotation in live set lists, and the album remains a favorite among many fans.

The song "Under the Milky Way" was co-written by Kilbey with his then-girlfriend Karin Jansson of Pink Champagne. When drummer Richard Ploog was unable to find the right feel for the song, the band played to a click track and session musician Russ Kunkel was brought in to add the drums and percussion later.

The album's title was taken from singer/bassist Steve Kilbey's nickname for friend / musical partner Donnette Thayer, who signed herself that way on postcards she sent to Kilbey. Kilbey contributed a long untitled poem to the album's liner notes. "Hotel Womb" has dream-themed lyrics relating to an imagined wedding. Music videos were filmed for "Under The Milky Way" and "Reptile." The fifth season of the US TV show, Miami Vice, featured two songs from the album. "Under the Milky Way" was used in an episode called "Asian Cut" (aired 13 January 1989), and "Blood Money" was showcased throughout "Heart of Night" (18 November 1988).

Back