Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ralph
you are on a roll !!!
this one is so rare and so wonderful

Rick, unfortunately Warner Japan only did a very limited pressing on their SHM~SACD titles and then pulled the plug:

Next UP:

Larry Carlton [Warner debut album] [Warner Japan/Stereo SHM~SACD]

R-4052582-1558519118-3604.jpeg.jpg

I missed out on the JC LOVE SUPREME SHM~SACD but I did manage to buy the Japanese BD~A 192/24 version when CDJapan was blowing out their unsold BD~A stock for $10~12! Sounds sensational!

Glad Universal Japan is 'continuing' their SHM~SACD releases. I don't know if you recall, Rick, when they first introduced the format the list on those discs was $60!!!!!!!! My SHM~SACD of Camel's "Rain Dances" just shipped out today from ImportCD!

Now they're priced less than the MoFi/AP Stereo hybrid SACDs. Now, that's what I call PROGRESS!

I missed out on the JC LOVE SUPREME SHM~SACD but I did manage to buy the Japanese BD~A 192/24 version when CDJapan was blowing out their unsold BD~A stock for $10~12! Sounds sensational!

Glad Universal Japan is 'continuing' their SHM~SACD releases. I don't know if you recall, Rick, when they first introduced the format the list on those discs was $60!!!!!!!! My SHM~SACD of Camel's "Rain Dances" just shipped out today from ImportCD!

Now they're priced less than the MoFi/AP Stereo hybrid SACDs. Now, that's what I call PROGRESS!

hey Ralph - yes - love seeing the rejuvenated SHM SACD selections ! Now - please - Universal go after some new titles !!. Stop regurgitating the same titles.
And me ? Im scooping up and enjoying discs of M** - er ...that format I cant mention. By the way, on that format I cant mention, great lead article
by Jim Austin on the inside cover of the just released July 2021 issue of Stereophile

Last edited:
Ralph
most versions of this album sound thin and weak. How is this version ?

HARDLY audiophile, Rick. Thin and weak might still be an apt term. NO bass! I'm sure Universal Japan did what they could with the masters but IMO, a poor choice for UMG to 'show off' the SHM~SACD format. And hardly worth the $60 [ouch!] I initially paid for it.

Probably BEST PLAYED during a crackling thunderstorm with deep deep bass to compliment Rainbow's manic musicianship!⚡
But I will say, Ronnie James Dio's vocals on Track #8 "Rainbow Eyes" sounds sensational ...... but it's a ballad!

See the source image

Last edited:
Back