Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vladimir Horowitz: Chopin, Schumann, Rachmaninoff & Liszt [SONY Classical/single layer Stereo SACD] Simply Magnificent!!!!

51AfPGfHlcL.jpg

I've only listened to Are You Experienced SACD once. I thought it sounded good, but not fantastic. I bought it on a 2ch Reprise riverboat pressing when it was originally released. I also bought a mono German CD with UK version, LP box, 2 LP w/Axis, US CD, expanded US CD, and Sony CD/DVD.
Hello @Quad Linda
Is the SACD an improvement over any previous version?

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years

(2020) Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab, Inc.

1623541686659.jpeg

Wikipedia:
Still Crazy After All These Years is the fourth solo studio album by Paul Simon. Recorded and released in 1975, the album produced four U.S. Top 40 hits: "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" (#1), "Gone at Last" (#23), "My Little Town" (#9, credited to Simon & Garfunkel), and the title track (#40). It won two Grammy Awards for Album of the Year and Best Male Pop Vocal Performance in 1976.

The Knack - Get The Knack

(2017) Capitol Records, LLC

1623545329873.jpeg

Get the Knack is the debut album by American rock band The Knack, released in June 1979. At the time, the album was one of the most successful debuts in history, selling over one million copies in less than two months and spending five weeks at number one on the Billboard 200 album chart.

The lead single from the album, "My Sharona", was number one on the Billboard Hot 100 for six weeks and number one on Billboard's Top Pop Singles of 1979 year end chart. The follow-up single, "Good Girls Don't," reached number 11 on the Hot 100 and followed "My Sharona" to number one on the Canadian Singles Chart.

Get the Knack was recorded in just two weeks at a cost of only $18,000, an extremely quick and inexpensive recording at a time when many established artists were spending months and several hundred thousand dollars to record an album. The album was produced by Mike Chapman, who had written hits for Sweet in the early 1970s and most recently produced Blondie’s breakout album Parallel Lines.

Billy Squire - Don’t Say No

(2018) Intervention Records

1623548918140.jpeg

I decided to not be lazy and snap a photo.

image.jpg

Wikipedia:
Don't Say No is the second studio album by Billy Squier, released on April 13, 1981. It stands as Squier's biggest career album, including the hits "Lonely Is the Night", "In the Dark", "My Kinda Lover" and "The Stroke". The album hit the Top Five on the Billboard album chart and remained on the chart for over two years (111 weeks).

How's the music 🎶 and fidelity?

Linda, it was recorded in March of 2002 at Avatar Studios and to my ears these two aging jazz legends along with Don Friedman on piano and Marcus McLaurine on Bass can still swing with the best of 'em!

The recording is up to Japanese label Eighty~Eights usual high standards.....all I know is my cat jumped off her pillow when the startling opening track "Statements" with just Terry on trumpet and Roach on drums emanated from my B & W 802 Nautilus speakers!

So glad to have this in my collection!

https://www.discogs.com/Clark-Terry-Max-Roach-Friendship/release/2688501

Last edited:
The Police LIVE [A&M/UMG/Single Layer Stereo SACD] TWO complete concerts on a single layered SACD [30 Tracks] consisting of The Orpheum Concert which was recorded and broadcast LIVE by WCBM Boston in November of 1979 and the Atlanta Synchronicity Concert recorded at the Omni in November of 1983.

R91827de2b348537eb85504a1d278320a

Natalie MacMaster IN MY HANDS [Rounder Records/Stereo SACD] Some tasty tunes from Natalie who in addition to vocals also plays electric and acoustic fiddle. Sensational album from this very talented performer!

See the source image

R84de931f41fe1dcd40552c1d5cb21826

Last edited:
Back