Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

(2010) Japan SHM-SACD

1624142406740.jpeg

Wikipedia
Beggars Banquet is a studio album by English rock band the Rolling Stones. Released in December 1968 by Decca Records in the United Kingdom and London Records in the United States, it is the band's seventh British and ninth American studio album. It was the first Rolling Stones album produced by Jimmy Miller, whose production work formed a key aspect of the group's sound throughout the late 1960s and early 1970s.

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed 🩸

(2010) Japan SHM-SACD

1624145946841.jpeg

Wikipedia
Let It Bleed is the eighth British and tenth American studio album by English rock band the Rolling Stones, released in December 1969 by Decca Records in the United Kingdom and London Records in the United States. Released shortly after the band's 1969 American Tour, it is the follow-up to 1968's Beggars Banquet. As with Beggars Banquet, the album marks a return to the group's more blues-sound approach that was prominent in the pre-Aftermath period of their career. Additional sounds on the album draw influence from gospel, country blues and country rock.

Doobie Brothers - Takin’ It To The Streets

(2010) Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

1624149601743.jpeg

Wikipedia
Takin' It to the Streets is the sixth studio album by American rock band The Doobie Brothers. The album was released on March 19, 1976, by Warner Bros. Records. It was the first to feature Michael McDonald on lead vocals.

My newest order from CDJapan arrived, lots of Jazz reissue (6/23/2021) SHM SACD's this 1964 release has been previously released as a SHM SACD in 2014 and a Hybrid SACD in 2004.
DR's for this new 2021 are 11's, 12's, 13. Sonically a wow.
View attachment 68261

Markie, GREAT ALBUM.

Interestingly enough, Analogue Productions also released this album as a HYBRID Stereo SACD a few years ago with this disclaimer:

The original master tapes for this title had not been used since 1980 previous to this reissue. Also, for this Analogue Productions reissue the decision was made to master and present this album as it was originally mixed to master tape. With very few exceptions all versions of this title to date, including the original, have had the channels incorrectly reversed. With this version, you'll hear this title as it was intended to be heard, without the channels reversed. And again, those reissues you've heard up until now - definitely still breathy, warm and rich - were made from something less than the master. Prepare to hear the veil removed

Another new one for me exuisite, really this one is blowing my mind. SHM SACD released 6/23/2021 stereo DR's 12's and a 13. A live recording, highly reccomend.
View attachment 68262

The GRAND DADDY OF THEM ALL! IMO, one of Jarrett's FINEST MOMENTS.
I have the previous TOWER RECORDS Japanese hybrid SACD remaster but I do have a half dozen ECM SHM~SACDs on Pre~order [Pat Metheny, Chick Corea, etc].

The GRAND DADDY OF THEM ALL! IMO, one of Jarrett's FINEST MOMENTS. I have the previous TOWER RECORDS Japanese hybrid SACD remaster but I do have a half dozen ECM SHM~SACDs on Pre~order [Pat Metheny, Chick Corea, etc].
You are so right Ralphie, just pure bliss this concert. You can hear his breathing, grunts, etc really good, this will be a reference SHM SACD Stereo Jazz disc for me.
I purchased 13 SHM SACD's from CDJapan and enjoying them. Sure beats a record player.

Back