Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Foreigner - 4

(2013) Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab

1625963838071.jpeg

Crack The Sky - Safety In Numbers - 21st Century Redux

Playing the whole album - this is revisionist history that answers the musical question "what would this album (Safety In Numbers) had sounded like if founder John Palumbo had stayed in the band when they the lads made this one? Already stellar in original form, this is an oddly satisfying mutation that only Palumbo could even attempt. There's a few new songs, lyrics and of course John's vocals and instruments. He wisely retained the cool parts that made the original version so good.

Lighten Up McGraw :smokin

I heard it ! Not worth buying to my ears! A slap in the face to the original lineup!

It was interesting but didn’t wow me much. I factored a few things: it was John’s band for 90% of its history, the original lineup hadn’t been active for 30 years when this was made and that John had directly participated in this album when he left. I’ll give him a pass.

I love Gary Lee Chappell’s vocals on the original version and Live Sky. There is no complete Live Sky CD. Bass player Joe Macre released Crack The Sky Live & Kickin Ass using some alternates from same shows that Live Sky was made from. Problem is that it was the height of volume wars and his EQ decisions make it a difficult listen.

Back