Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 71186

Carly Simon - Carly Simon

It sounds a bit naive, in a good way, and the production is somewhat murky with her vocals drowned in reverb/echo most of the time. But her personality shines through and the sound kind of suits the music.

RANG, I thought MoFi did a MAGNIFICENT remaster of Carly's first album on Elektra. Sounds amazing on my system! And it's available for $20 now. If you LOVE CARLY .... do not hesitate to add this Stereo SACD to your collection!

https://www.importcds.com/carly-simon/821797216562

Last edited:
John Coltrane Quartet BALLADS [Impulse/Stereo SHM SACD remaster]. NEED YOU ASK?

R.08c7bc197f2665f9456c5f082beb7fd8

I have 3 of the 4 Carly Simon MoFis, though Hotcakes is stranded at my US ship to address thanks to COVID, but the first two are l do have on hand and like them both.
Reading her Boys in the Trees autobiography recently really ramped up my interest in her and her music.

Undecided on the No Secrets SACD.
Though the completist in me is clamouring loudly, I already have the DVD-A and the AF Gold

I have 3 of the 4 Carly Simon MoFis, though Hotcakes is stranded at my US ship to address thanks to COVID, but the first two are l do have on hand and like them both.
Reading her Boys in the Trees autobiography recently really ramped up my interest in her and her music.

Undecided on the No Secrets SACD.
Though the completist in me is clamouring loudly, I already have the DVD-A and the AF Gold

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the MLP DVD~A 5.1 of Carly's NO SECRETS. I'd concentrate on the ones you don't have.

Listening to it now--in faux surround this time, actually (sounds fabulous through my AVR's Dolby Surround Upmixer)--and thinking of you, Brother @Clement. Hope you're doing well.

Listening to my final purchase of these Stereo SACD's from Universal (Hong Kong).
This is Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits-DR's are 6's, 7's, 8's, 9. One of the better sounding of the group.
I purchased (2) Bon Jovi's, Human league, The Cranberries, Tears For Fears, Gary Moore.
Here is the HRAudio Link to see what is available.
Are you missing anything by not purchasing any of these, no, not really. For me, I liked the Greatest Hits factor in them as an SACD, sound quality, hmm, a good CD would be just as good.
R-19545199-1631365708-3927.jpeg.jpg

Sonics on this are unreal, it shows the benefits of a truly well mastered Blu Ray pure audio in 2.0 PCM 24.96
Five years ago, I blind tested this blu-ray audio against the remastered CD from 2000 to two 18 year olds on my system (a fairly decent set-up with Dali Rubicon 8 speakers, an Audyssey calibrated Denon AVR-X7200 receiver and an Oppo 203 player) . They could not hear any difference between the CD and blu-ray audio in fidelity, even though I thought I could!

Back