Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally obtained a copy of the JPN SACD of Wayne Shorter's Speak No Evil to replace the not-great/terrible/massively compressed RVG CD version I had.

R-11468185-1526089119-8052.jpeg.jpg

This is the best version of this album I've heard - even slightly beats the 192khz/24bit digital download on the mastering front for me. Super-thrilled with it.

Santana CARAVANSERAI [COLUMBIA RECORDS/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] When one considers that these MoFi Santana SACDs which come in cardboard enclosures and list for $30 are overpriced especially as compared to what we hope will be a SONY Japan SACD QUAD remaster in elegant 7" packaging for only a few dollars more!

R.037566ad0c1e884568975b3ecc57bd40

Santana CARAVANSERAI [COLUMBIA RECORDS/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] When one considers that these MoFi Santana SACDs which come in cardboard enclosures and list for $30 are overpriced especially as compared to what we hope will be a SONY Japan SACD QUAD remaster in elegant 7" packaging for only a few dollars more!

Well said, brother! (y)

37D2BF0F-864D-4FB1-9AEE-26ECE24349B2.jpeg
Not sure what to feel about this SACD.
Love the music but the sound is overly warm. Some of the percussion that I know is there on Evil Ways is almost completely obscured and Shades of Time sounds pretty rough in general. The rest is good.
Think I read somewhere that the earlier Gold disc UDCD773 is better, maybe I need to find myself a copy

Back