Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New from MOFI. Harry Nilsson-Son Of Schmilsson, Stereo Hybrid SACD #230. DR's are 9, 10, 11's, 12's, 14.
R-20828827-1635884917-5987.jpeg.jpg

A Variation of a GOS Theme
Not sure if this is funny or a sad indication of my lack of knowing what I own. And - no I did not do Gene type duplication here .

I've been wanting this release. But its going for serious Bezos money. Not gonna pay at that level to play !! Today, while playing in the mancave I found that I already own this !!!! Astounding....and embarrassing ..............Its all good. And this version is incredible !! No wonder it is highly sought after

View attachment 73881

Takin’ It to the Streets:
I skipped this one on JSACD because I have the MoFi.
Maybe I should have got it anyway

Chet Baker – She Was Too Good To Me
Label:CTI Records – KCTCD1003
Series:CTI SA-CD Hybrid Selection

check out the line up on this one; and this is a great sounding TOWER RECORDS SACD-
*just not too crazy about Chet's singing abilities :)

folder.jpg

Chet Baker – She Was Too Good To Me
Label:CTI Records – KCTCD1003
Series:CTI SA-CD Hybrid Selection

check out the line up on this one; and this is a great sounding TOWER RECORDS SACD-
*just not too crazy about Chet's singing abilities :)

View attachment 73952

JP, did you buy this SACD via CDJapan's proxy service or from an ebay vendor.

And unfortunately, Chet is NO Nat King Cole in the vocal department but his performances are always 'heartfelt!'

I have my eye on this one but with tax and s/h from Japan WAAAYYYY TOOOOOO PRICEY, IMO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3041947589...tFLPaxb7rg%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMrM24kq1f

AMADEUS Original Soundtrack Recording [Fantasy Records/2 Super Bit Mapping Remastered Stereo SACDs] Superb Recording. Supposedly, Criterion will release the Native UHD4K remaster of AMADEUS sometime in 2022!

See the source image
wasn't this an early DIGITAL recording/mix?
Ma francais est pas jolie...but,,,GRAVURE NUMERIQUE=Digital recording...oui?
R-17245498-1612392261-1685.jpeg.jpg

wasn't this an early DIGITAL recording/mix?
Ma francais est pas jolie...but,,,GRAVURE NUMERIQUE=Digital recording...oui?
R-17245498-1612392261-1685.jpeg.jpg

According to google ....... gravure numerique literally translated is DIGITAL ENGRAVING so I suppose close enough, Kap.

According to the SACD liner notes, the music was recorded at EMI's Abbey Road Studios and remastered in 2004 for SACD.

It will be interesting to see if, as rumored, Criterion will release Amadeus in Native UHD4K sometime in 2022 and if they include a repurposed Dolby ATMOS soundtrack!

Last edited:
According to google ....... gravure numerique literally translated is DIGITAL ENGRAVING so I suppose close enough, Kap.

According to the SACD liner notes, the music was recorded at EMI's Abbey Road Studios and remastered in 2004 for SACD.

It will be interesting to see if, as rumored, Criterion will release Amadeus in Native UHD4K sometime in 2022 and if they include a repurposed Dolby ATMOS soundtrack!
yes, the SACD is no improvement compared to the CD; total dropoff at 22K...still, a magnificent recording...and I LOOOOVE Sir Nevvie!

Back