Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A2960543-B58F-47BA-B151-239772338F22.jpeg

Good timing, was just thinking of ordering this today.
Not at the top of my wish list, but a really good album.
Is there an improvement over the CD?
I have the target from way back.
Sorry! I couldn’t tell you. I’ve never owned the CD. The SACD sounds good but is somewhat midrange forward on my system. Though, this could be the way it was recorded / mixed.

ACBC8EAA-5D6B-4469-A9D5-E433ABE6D8B4.jpeg
McCoy Tyner - Inception

His first as a leader,
The piano is nicely recorded, which isn’t always the case on piano led recordings.
Nice album.

Last edited:
4ABE163A-44FA-4F18-8493-8A652FBFED04.jpeg
Coleman Hawkins - And Confreres

Damn, there is some sweet stuff in the pile of SACDs I recently retrieved from the States, (bought many months ago and shipped to a US address not expecting the pandemic to last this long).
What a fun and energetic record.
A bit bright in spots (the cymbals) but that’s OK

View attachment 74714
Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges -
Back To Back

Analogue Productions SACD.
Beautiful, sound and music.
Thank you for the reminder on this.
I bought it during a sale a year or so ago but never opened it.
It sounds fantastic - especially using the “fake surround” 7.1 setting on my Yamaha receiver!
It really creates what sounds like a discrete mix on some discs - and this is one 👍🏼

Thank you for the reminder on this.
I bought it during a sale a year or so ago but never opened it.
It sounds fantastic - especially using the “fake surround” 7.1 setting on my Yamaha receiver!
It really creates what sounds like a discrete mix on some discs - and this is one 👍🏼

I probably bought it on the same sale, 50% off in April of 2020.
Same story, didn’t play it until now.
Have Side By Side sitting here too, hope it’s as good

View attachment 74823
Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues

Great album, Gary was a talented guy.
Not all of these HK SACDs are highly regarded but this one sounds good to my ears.

Yo, Rangster, I have almost all of those Universal Hong Kong SACDs and on my system they sound AWESOME! And 99% of them are PRESSED IN JAPAN save for a few pressed in the EU!

BTW, Elusive Disc has priced all these Universal Hong Kong SACDs @ $40 each......Best domestic price is ImportCD .... Just under $30!

The only other HKs I have are Enigma (good) and Diana Krall’s Wallflower (so-so IMO).
I’ve heard parts of the Culture Club one, it’s very good.
The Cranberries seems to get mixed reviews. How is the Tears For Fears?

The only other HKs I have are Enigma (good) and Diana Krall’s Wallflower (so-so IMO).
I’ve heard parts of the Culture Club one, it’s very good.
The Cranberries seems to get mixed reviews. How is the Tears For Fears?

Don't have the Bon Jovi nor the Tears for Fears but loved the Cranberry disc as well as the Diana Ross Stereo SACD. The Ennio Morricone disc is also spectacular if you like those movie themes from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, etc. And the new Diana Krall disc on Verve Turn Up The Quiet, IMO, is spectacular. And Notting Hill from the motion picture was quite the surprise. Chock full of some very tasty music...in superb sonics.

Last edited:
Back