Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful stereo on this MOFI Hybrid SACD. The Alan Parsons Project-Eye In The Sky.
DSD64, DR's are 11, 12's, 13's, 14's. My copy #3710.
R-18220396-1617975128-2869.jpg

Trio 3 BE BOP [Venus Records/Single layered Stereo SACD] LOVE Deep Discount's 'Blowout Bin...' Was able to get this fantastic all female Trio jammin' on compositions by Thelonious Monk, Miles and Dizzy, et alia for under $15 [$40 list at Acoustic Sounds] As expected, the sonics are extraordinary!

Trio 3/ Hiroe Nakashima, Rieko Ito, & Harumi Yasunaga - Be Bop

Last edited:
AF17816A-71B9-4A06-A434-EEB40EB9AAC2.png
Kenny Dorham - Matador

I really like the music on this Impex SACD.
Nice performance by Kenny and Jackie McLean too.
Sound is OK but very slightly fatiguing, wish they’d smoothed it out a bit. Cymbals are coarse.
Maybe it’s the original recording.
Very cool album cover.

18528DC0-1DF5-49C3-A8AB-4C6D3E0B07B6.jpeg
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong -
Ella and Louis Again

Great album with clean, clear and warm sound. Think I like this one better than Ella and Louis.
But after reading up on this release, it appears to be only the first record of what was originally a 2 album set.

F1EDB3F8-CC8A-4D96-B13F-94FAAF952685.png
Diana Krall - Turn Up the Quiet

Great album title (and cover).
Laid back as one would expect from the title.
Her voice is mic’d really closely which makes it nicely intimate but also a bit too revealing at times, exposing some rough edges.
But a nice album overall, miles better than the previous record, Wildflower.
Hopefully Universal HK releases This Dream of You on SACD too.

So Deep Discount was running one of their 15% off sales and I was able to purchase this single layered Stereo SACD for UNDER $7 [e~bay has a current listing for over $30 + s/h]. The original UMG/Verve SACD was pressed in the USA...this one was pressed in the EU and frankly, sounds spectacular. UMG Japan has just reissued it as a Stereo SHM~SACD and does have the corrected 'reversed' L/R channels [as does the Analogue Production's Stereo SACD] but both remasters omit the two wonderful bonus tracks on the original UMG pressing.

Image 1 - Stan Getz / Joao Gilberto - Getz/Gilberto - SACD Super Audio CD Stereo

747542FE-E895-4C75-AFEC-3B811BC07254.jpeg
Ella Fitzgerald -
Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie!

Another really really nice Analogue Productions SACD.
Smooth sound and music.
One of these days I need to compare with the Classic Gold CD.
It’s been a while since I played the latter but if memory serves it’s more on the detail and presence side, while this SACD is warm.

Judee Sill Debut Album [Asylum Records/Intervention Records Stereo SACD] Finally available in a hi res format, Ms Sill's debut album. Long awaited, it sounds MAGNIFICENT via Kevin Gray's masterful remastering from the original analogue tapes

R.f678818ed7c6d5cb008a3aa129008764

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
AA4AF75B-8FFE-4D49-BDF4-62C4EEF0242A.jpeg
Matthew Sweet - Son of Altered Beast

I like this EP as much, maybe more, than some of his full length albums.
A mixture of of Live and studio it’s brevity helps because I sometimes find it hard to get through a whole MS album in one sitting.
This one is short and sweet.

CA9D2493-8276-4316-AC41-86E09A9D8F7A.jpeg
The O’Jays - Survival & Family Reunion

Another silky smooth Vocalion SACD from the PIR vaults.
These albums were huge hits back then, I can hear why.

91082575-1E3A-41B6-AADC-68F80CC20D91.jpeg
John Coltrane - Blue Train

Stone cold classic. Awesome album.
The 50th and final addition to my AP Blue Note collection.
Too bad they got the cover wrong (lacking in detail and grey instead of blue, much worse that what I pasted here) but after 4 years waiting for the back order to ship, I ain’t really complaining lol

Back