Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday landed Eagles, two new MOFI SACD's The Long Run #189 DR's are 13's, 14's, 15's. Smooth man, one of best MOFI'S I have ever heard.
Hotel California #285 Dr's are 11, 12, 13's, 14's, 15, 16.
Stretch for Hotel California due to the 2017 box set, but what can I say.
Sounds like a very good Hotel California, not as bright as the 2017 Blu Ray.

For the first time, my last three MOFI's these two and Rymin'Simon, MOFI has changed there disc holders from the two sided cloth like material, to one side the cloth like material and the other see through plastic.
IMG_3574.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday landed Eagles, two new MOFI SACD's The Long Run #189 DR's are 13's, 14's, 15's. Smooth man, one of best MOFI'S I have ever heard.
Hotel California #285 Dr's are 11, 12, 13's, 14's, 15, 16.
Stretch for Hotel California due to the 2017 box set, but what can I say.
Sounds like a very good Hotel California, not as bright as the 2017 Blu Ray.

For the first time, my last three MOFI's these two and Rymin'Simon, MOFI has changed there disc holders from the two sided cloth like material, to one side the cloth like material and the other see through plastic.
View attachment 89896
Mine are due to arrive next Tuesday. I might be in a very small group, but The Long Run is my favorite Eagles album. So I’ve been waiting a long time from the first MoFi CD in this series shipping to get to the one I’ve wanted the most. (I’m sure I’ll get to go through it again with Van Halen. I imagine they’re start with the first album and go in order. 1984 is my favorite.)

I was actually shocked at how good The Long Run sounded, really good.
Currently the gold standard for the Van Halen's which are 24 bit HDTracks, so we will see if MOFI can beat HDtracks, I prefer the 4 Sammy Hagar Van Halen's. But that could just be I have heard the David Lee Roth to a pulp.

I was actually shocked at how good The Long Run sounded, really good.
Currently the gold standard for the Van Halen's which are 24 bit HDTracks, so we will see if MOFI can beat HDtracks, I prefer the 4 Sammy Hagar Van Halen's. But that could just be I have heard the David Lee Roth to a pulp.
That just makes me more excited for Tuesday.

I love 5150 and For Unlawful...

I’d happily keep buying VH titles if MoFi wants to keep going after 1984.

Mine are due to arrive next Tuesday. I might be in a very small group, but The Long Run is my favorite Eagles album. So I’ve been waiting a long time from the first MoFi CD in this series shipping to get to the one I’ve wanted the most. (I’m sure I’ll get to go through it again with Van Halen. I imagine they’re start with the first album and go in order. 1984 is my favorite.)

got mine yesterday. I did a GOS ---I accidently ordered The Long Run twice. Two separate orders.. DOH !!!

got mine yesterday. I did a GOS ---I accidently ordered The Long Run twice. Two separate orders.. DOH !!!
Mine “sort of” arrived yesterday. I use a PO Box for receiving packages which includes a street address to use when UPS or FedEx are shipping. (Long story short, our local postal delivery people were notorious for mis-delivering packages, so I decided to take them out of the equation. Oh, the stories I could tell.)

If I know a package is coming UPS or FedEx, I use the home address. But I used the PO Box for this order (must have had a brain fart) and it arrived at the post office yesterday. It takes them an extra day before they sort UPS/FedEx packages and put them in the boxes.

I’m hoping if I go later today I’ll find it sitting there like an excited puppy ready to be taken to a new home.

My favorite Eagles song is I Can’t Tell You Why... and I don’t know why. Just is. But it’ll be the first song to queue up.

Last edited:
Finally got my Mofi SACD of "Rhymin' Simon" after the first order got lost in shipping. A friend bought an estate sale LP copy for me, I liked the album as a first time listener but it was just too full of clicks and pops. I"ll play the SACD later. (As I said in an another post once, It's funny how we wait and wait and when music finaly arrives we tend to play it later.)

Back