Listening to Now In SACD Surround (or 3 Channel Stereo)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Macy Gray - The Trouble with Being Myself
Still lovin' this. Not all the tracks are winners, but the mix is a joy. Always had a soft spot for the tune featuring Beck, but I really like a half of the album - at least. Too bad there wasn't a "room" for the Japanese bonus tracks (well, We Will Rock You probably wouldn't happen anyway).

Oh yes, I remember the Macy Gray Multichannel SACD. It sort of flew under the radar when released - it was one of a number of Sony Music Multichannel SACDs released around the same time.
I'll have to pull this one out and give it a spin! :)

Oh yes, I remember the Macy Gray Multichannel SACD. It sort of flew under the radar when released - it was one of a number of Sony Music Multichannel SACDs released around the same time.
I'll have to pull this one out and give it a spin! :)

I've never heard it, but have often wondered about it as I love her voice.

Interestingly enough, the mix seems to be one-off job by Dave Way - even the 5.1 mix of Ronan Keating's album Destination he mixed originaly was (mainly) done by David Pemberton.

Hi everyone! :)

Nat "King" Cole - The Nat "King" Cole Story - Analogue Productions SACD - Disc 1

Hearing Nat in the center speaker is such a treat. I love all those Cole SACDs, even the one AF released. Sublime sound & music!

I love that one...just amazing sound for the period it was recorded..

Let's face it, all the major labels like Capitol, RCA, Columbia, Decca, Liberty and Warner produced a multitude of astoundingly well recorded music in the 50's. I have so many Capitol artists in my collection and I'm always amazed by how those albums sound.

Playing now:

Dave Brubeck - Private Brubeck Remembers - Telarc SACD

Macy Gray - The Trouble with Being Myself
Still lovin' this. Not all the tracks are winners, but the mix is a joy. Always had a soft spot for the tune featuring Beck, but I really like a half of the album - at least. Too bad there wasn't a "room" for the Japanese bonus tracks (well, We Will Rock You probably wouldn't happen anyway).

Lets bump this one up in the QQ Polls! :upthumb

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-Gray-Macy-THE-TROUBLE-WITH-BEING-MYSELF-SACD

(fwiw I gave it an "8"..)

Ronan Keating - Destination (SACD)
Huh, too much bass and sound fidelity is sometimes too damn close to mp3... Everything gets better towards the end of the album and the mix is not bad at all, however I desperately need a reference disc to rinse out.

"Open Our Eyes" by Earth Wind & Fire

Borrowed that one (and Labelle's "Nightbirds") so I'll see after listening to both of these if they are worthy of a purchase myself! :)

Hi everyone! :)

Finally sitting down with a delicious home made meal after a full day of work.

Music: The Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance SACD

I'm really getting addicted to those Moody Blues Quad mixes.

image.jpg

Hey everyone! It's good to be back! :)

Finally Friday! I've just come home to this baby and In Search Of The Lost Chord. Really happy with the multichannel on this one. Really well done!

Seven Sojourn SACD.jpg

Back