Listening to Now In SACD Surround (or 3 Channel Stereo)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I've had the fever for years now thanks to the Pink Floyd Immersion sets. The trouble I've run into is that there are tons of great titles on SACD 5.1 that aren't available in any other format, and I've gotten my hands on pretty much everything I want in the DVD-A/V or BD releases. So I was running out of new 5.1 to hear!

Can't wait to hear "Honky Chateau". The GBYBR blu-ray is astonishing. I gotta hear some more EJ in surround...

lol, I've had the fever for years now thanks to the Pink Floyd Immersion sets. The trouble I've run into is that there are tons of great titles on SACD 5.1 that aren't available in any other format, and I've gotten my hands on pretty much everything I want in the DVD-A/V or BD releases. So I was running out of new 5.1 to hear!

Can't wait to hear "Honky Chateau". The GBYBR blu-ray is astonishing. I gotta hear some more EJ in surround...

Ohhhh it will not stop with Elton...hehe

The Sacd fever is unstoppable :mad:@:

But it is fun :banana:

A BLAST from the PAST: Bon Jovi's BOUNCE.......sounds fantastic as it's a Single Layered Multichannel 5.1 SACD. Remixed into 5.1 by Bob Clearmountain and mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound in NYC.

Still available at a decent price [used] from AmazonUS third party vendors: https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=587#tracks :banana:

Thanks, another one that I did not know about, you sold me on it as soon as you listed Bob Clearmountain as I like his mixes and I just bought one of the used ones.

peter

Honky Chateau is pretty damn astonishing. Surprisingly aggressive. Truly incredible mix.

I also picked up Tumbleweed Connection. Equally amazing.

I have five Elton surround discs (Tumbleweed, Goodbye, Captain, Honky and Elton) and find all of them amazing. Worth every penny.

The Moody Blues - “On The Threshold Of A Dream”

116196825.jpg

I think it’s called “The Sound of Jazz” released by Analogue Productions. The sound is pretty amazing for a recording from 1958. I was very impressed by the clarity and dynamics. 3-channel “stereo.”

Speaking of Heifetz, did you see the review of Julia Fischer's performance of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto and Serenade Melancolique on PentaTone Classics SACD and DSD Download?
Reviewer Brian Smith says:

Heifetz "needs to move over"?!

View attachment 18374

https://pentatone.nativedsd.com/albums/tchaikovsky-violin-concerto-serenade-melancolique
Pentatone makes great Surround SACD though I did not like those Fischer ones but then I dislike her playing too. I do have some great A. Steinbacher recordings though!

HI all,
I am new here, joining you guys to discuss SACD surround. Very new to audio Surround, just did crude setup using my Oppo and new a newly acquired Sony Esoteric. If setup properly, can sound really amazing! So far I find Pentatone to be the best with the few I tested. Channel Classics is hit and miss. Any other great labels that do great SACD 5.1 ?

HI all,
I am new here, joining you guys to discuss SACD surround. Very new to audio Surround, just did crude setup using my Oppo and new a newly acquired Sony Esoteric. If setup properly, can sound really amazing! So far I find Pentatone to be the best with the few I tested. Channel Classics is hit and miss. Any other great labels that do great SACD 5.1 ?

BIS https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=BIS 44 pages of high quality multichannel SACDs and bookmark this website [HRAudio.net] for all your classical SACD 'fixes!' https://www.hraudio.net/music.php

I need to track that one down but I do have the one below. Those Living Stereo SACDs are something special.

View attachment 18361
I just picked this one up cheap along with one by Van Cliburn.

Was just playing this one earlier today

LOVE the way it sounds in 3-channel. So well-recorded and the performance is superb

Back