Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i always found it rather deliciously risqué and kinda tacky all at the same time :devilish: 🤤

didn't think too much of the multich mix on the DVD-A back in the day, even though it was purportedly by Don "Ship Ahoy" Murray.. 🤔
Adam, I must say on my new system it does sound STUPENDOUS! And Bob James did come up with that name FOURPLAY! And in the liner notes he did have some apprehension with the title but in the end, it ALL worked out...just 4 jazz cats having a BLAST!

I'm really enjoying the Atmos mix of Kind Heaven from the Perry Farrell box set The Glitz; The Glamour; more MAD LOVE to @RustyStatic !
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 3.15.06 PM.png
No poll thread (yet); prerelease
thread

Last edited:
André Kostelanetz - André Kostelanetz Plays the Music of Villa-Lobos & André Kostelanetz Conducts Music from Spain [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

André Kostelanetz - André Kostelanetz Plays the Music of Villa-Lobos & André Kostelanetz Conducts Music from Spain​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

This wildly discrete bon bon from conductor André Kostelanetz will transport the listener to the intoxicating music of composer Villa~Lobos and the gorgeous music of España!

From the original analogue master tapes. Highest Recommendation!

Last edited:
I am on a 4.0 trip. Listening to great quads by Sony, Dutton Vocalion, and Audio Fidelity.
You know, the ones that are never talked about, but they are all so sweet.
Right now, Ronnie Milsap-Dutton Vocalion, so sweet and soulful.
Might stay on this country road for a bit, can't seem to want to interrupt this road with loud rock n roll.
Was thinking next going to Billy Cobham's Spectrum from AF, but can't beat a country smooth road.
R-13230733-1550374839-4049.jpg

I am on a 4.0 trip. Listening to great quads by Sony, Dutton Vocalion, and Audio Fidelity.
You know, the ones that are never talked about, but they are all so sweet.
Right now, Ronnie Milsap-Dutton Vocalion, so sweet and soulful.
Might stay on this country road for a bit, can't seem to want to interrupt this road with loud rock n roll.
Was thinking next going to Billy Cobham's Spectrum from AF, but can't beat a country smooth road.
View attachment 104401
Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade of Ivory [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade of Ivory
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Like poster Marpow [Markie], I'm taking a brief break from hard rock to delve into Dutton Vocalion's excellent Hank Mancini two fer in which Hank not only is deft at the piano but proves he's an excellent arranger/conductor. Some gorgeous tunes masterfully played and perfect for a Sunday evening!

Bob Marley and the Wailers LEGEND [TUFF GONG/ISLAND Records/1 RBCD/1 BD~A 5.1] Played it on my new system last night after watching the Marley biop ONE LOVE on MGM+ and thought the Bob Clearmountain remix was absolutely SPECTACULAR! 17 brilliant tracks from the genius and legend that was Marley. Comes in a hard covered digibook with lyrics, etc. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!

bob marley legend dvd full

Joshua Bell BERNSTEIN with David Zinman conducting the Philharmonia Orchestra [SONY Masterworks/Single layer Multi~CH SACD/DSD Recording] Have had this stunning SACD in my collection since the early 00's and on my 'revitalized' system played at a moderate volume it sounds truly exceptional! Bell manages to turn familiar melodies into mini masterpieces with his exquisite violin virtuosity. And there are discrete elements throughout Very Highly Recommended

https://www.discogs.com/release/734...-Orchestra-David-Zinman-West-Side-Story-Suite

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 2

Last edited:
Back