Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I've to be careful with my ejaculations (as in the 2nd definition of the word: a short sudden emotional utterance)! My recollection is the reaction was to the bang I got for my buck: 3 SACDs, 160 minutes of music, for >$10. My recollection is that the music was fairly engaging electronica with a chill vibe and that the mix supported the sound. But the real deal for me was the fact that it was a real deal--and that I found it by clicking on QQ links that took me to the page I thought I had linked (I fixed my original post and added the link). I guess I should budget another 3 hours and check it out again! The problem is I'm still soaking in the recent D-V deluge! Talk about bang for my buck!!

Glad you got 'jacked,' Clement. Well worthwhile seeking out and for the bargain basement price of ten Georges, I encourage others to take the plunge as well as there is so little electronica in surround. Happy New Year dear Clement!

Last edited:
Bill Bruford ONE OF A KIND [REMIXED/REMASTERED/EXPANDED CD/DVD 5.1 DD]

518Rb8flj1L._SL1200_.jpg

Benny Goodman
Supreme Jazz
Very clear sounding release considering the age of the material.
Only reverb and echo in the rears though.
https://www.discogs.com/Benny-Goodm...n-Chicago-1909-New-York-1986/release/10402297

Mike, a lot of posters on the ole SACD.net turned their noses up at this series of 'ambient' surround discs, but I bought a whole bunch of these German made mch SACDs and consider them GREAT quality....especially for the money {I paid about $6~8 each].

This one's especially good if you can still find it
51qj8Dc1WCL.jpg

Mike, a lot of posters on the ole SACD.net turned their noses up at this series of 'ambient' surround discs, but I bought a whole bunch of these German made mch SACDs and consider them GREAT quality....especially for the money {I paid about $6~8 each].

This one's especially good if you can still find it
51qj8Dc1WCL.jpg

Yep it's on my list Ralph.
I'm a sucker for most big band music.
As you said, these releases are treated with care and attention.
Mostly ambient but in this case,I'll forgive these releases front biased mixes.
As the music more than makes up for it.

Yep it's on my list Ralph.
I'm a sucker for most big band music.
As you said, these releases are treated with care and attention.
Mostly ambient but in this case,I'll forgive these releases front biased mixes.
As the music more than makes up for it.

Truth be told, Mike, these were originally stereo and in some cases mono recordings but every one I have [about 2 dozen jazz/classical] are eminently listenable. The classical series with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra are all extremely well recorded and the performances ain't too shabby, either.

Back