Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clement

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Never heard this one before

1578115258372.png

I only have the 1973 - 2007 Live Box (thanks to @[email protected]), but I now have all of their studio albums in multichannel (found a near mint copy of this last one I was missing for a good price). I had heard bad things about this album upon its initial release. I'm digging the surround mix, which may be influencing my take on the cuts--which I'm also digging!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

View attachment 45066

I only have the 1973 - 2007 Live Box (thanks to @[email protected]), but I now have all of their studio albums in multichannel (found a near mint copy for a good price). I had heard bad things about this album upon its initial list. I'm digging the surround mix, which may be influencing my take on the cuts--which I'm also digging!

Truth be told Clement ..... I love all the Genesis 5.1 SACDS and the multichannel invariably enhances these Classic Albums immeasurably. Couldn't imagine hearing them any other way....other than LIVE during their peak!

See the source image

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

View attachment 45066

I only have the 1973 - 2007 Live Box (thanks to @[email protected]), but I now have all of their studio albums in multichannel (found a near mint copy of this last one I was missing for a good price). I had heard bad things about this album upon its initial release. I'm digging the surround mix, which may be influencing my take on the cuts--which I'm also digging!

I really love this album. I think lots of people didn't give it a fair chance just because Collins had left the band. I really think that if you liked We Can't Dance (which was a huge seller) there's no reason not to enjoy this one. It is a little darker and heavier than the previous album, but I think that suits Ray Wilson's voice. Lots of great songs here.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
Starting my day the DTS CD way

View attachment 45067 Vince Gill high lonesome sound

Solid poll showing (albeit small sample size)
Some good stuff on this one, Vince is an incredible musician and has collaborated with tons of others from various genres.
He’s recently been touring with the Eagles since the passing of Glenn.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
An obscure little number.
But a very good mix and I like the music.
The Gadd Gang

musically = "da bollox".. i don't remember the surround being all that spesh.. what's coming out your Rears? 😁