Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new DV O'Jays 2-fer.

this is turning out to be the year (not the day of the expanding man!) but the year for putting one's money where one's mouth is!

i badgered our heroic leader to let us give him a few quid towards running things and he resisted, long doing an absolutely admirable job with "no begging or bullshit!" now we can cough up a little if we so desire, some of us have put the bees and honey where the north and south is.. and does it feel good to give back just a tiny fraction to this place that has given me so much.

now, in 2020 (yes there is a point relevant to this thread!) after years and years of me whinging like a brat for just this kind of absolutely top-tier (we're talking number 1 R&B records) Soul stuff in Quad, well here it is, folks!

so i am going to put not too fine a spin on it.. indulge me, ignore me, shoot me i'm the blu-ray disc player, whatever.. because now that we've got 'em, what are we gonna do with them?

why, i'm going to play the living daylights out of these beauties and wax lyrical about them, of course!!

its gonna be tough to top this, you've outdone yourselves, Mr. D and co... the benchmark is set extraordinarily high now, this disc is another out and out multichannel triumph with more "pinch me" moments courtesy of the Watford Wonder than ever.

new DV O'Jays 2-fer.

this is turning out to be the year (not the day of the expanding man!) but the year for putting one's money where one's mouth is!

i badgered our heroic leader to let us give him a few quid towards running things and he resisted, long doing an absolutely admirable job with "no begging or bullshit!" now we can cough up a little if we so desire, some of us have put the bees and honey where the north and south is.. and does it feel good to give back just a tiny fraction to this place that has given me so much.

now, in 2020 (yes there is a point relevant to this thread!) after years and years of me whinging like a brat for just this kind of absolutely top-tier (we're talking number 1 R&B records) Soul stuff in Quad, well here it is, folks!

so i am going to put not too fine a spin on it.. indulge me, ignore me, shoot me i'm the blu-ray disc player, whatever.. because now that we've got 'em, what are we gonna do with them?

why, i'm going to play the living daylights out of these beauties and wax lyrical about them, of course!!

its gonna be tough to top this, you've outdone yourselves, Mr. D and co... the benchmark is set extraordinarily high now, this disc is another out and out multichannel triumph with more "pinch me" moments courtesy of the Watford Wonder than ever.
[/QUOTE]

It seems Adam has indeed found Heaven ..... and NOT through the Hubble telescope.

See the source image

new DV O'Jays 2-fer.

It seems Adam has indeed found Heaven ..... and NOT through the Hubble telescope.

See the source image

[/QUOTE]

hubble bubble,
i always said you were trouble!

😘

Wow, this title is just crazy good. If you don't like guitar, don't get it. It's amazing, and Markus is out and out jamming here. Sounds spectacular!!
foobar2000 1.5.1 beta 4 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2020-01-22 18:10:49

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Markus Reuter (feat. Fabio Trentini & Asaf Sirkis) / Truce (quad mix)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR12 -0.01 dB -14.10 dB 11:58 01-The Truce
DR13 -0.01 dB -14.77 dB 3:26 02-Swoonage
DR14 -0.01 dB -15.62 dB 7:28 03-Bogeyman
DR14 -0.01 dB -16.84 dB 8:47 04-Be Still My Brazen Heart
DR13 -0.01 dB -14.36 dB 9:03 05-Power Series
DR13 -0.01 dB -14.74 dB 9:57 06-Let Me Touch Your Batman
DR13 -0.01 dB -14.55 dB 11:51 07-Gossamer Things

Number of tracks: 7
Official DR value: DR13

Samplerate: 88200 Hz
Channels: 4
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 5419 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

new DV O'Jays 2-fer.

Wholeheartedly agree, Earth Wind & Fire is another exceptional disc.

Back