Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap, I am listening to the Vocalion Earth, Wind & Fire release.
HOW COULD THE LABELS NOT RELEASE THAT LITTLE GEM SOONER ON EITHER DVD-A, BD-A, SACD OR ELSE?!?!?!?!?
I am loving it already.

so glad you're enjoying it so much!
i really feel in years to come it will be seen as one of the greatest surround SACD releases of all-time.

Editing that metadata from the SACD rips is a real time sucker, as there are often mistakes somewhere along the line (if you really want it to be perfect?)

I use mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) for this - you can highlight a whole album, download metadata from a number of sources (including discogs, musicbrainz, etc.) and then apply it en masse to the album, so you get 100% correct info. It still takes a little bit of time, but much quicker than either entering (or checking) every tag by hand.

Who know? I never do that...LOL! So odd, I unwrap the disc, rip it...put the disc on the shelf...likely never to be touched again. Such an era we live in....

When I load RBCDs into my Meridian SooLoos, you'd be shocked at what shows up on the screen. Wrong album covers, Japanese album covers for domestically released discs and vice versa, MoFi album covers for albums that are not MoFi .....so who knows what they actually use when the album itself doesn't jive with the included metadata info. An easy but annoying correction on the SooLoos.

I use mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) for this - you can highlight a whole album, download metadata from a number of sources (including discogs, musicbrainz, etc.) and then apply it en masse to the album, so you get 100% correct info. It still takes a little bit of time, but much quicker than either entering (or checking) every tag by hand.

Here's the weird thing. I actually LOVE the process of ripping the discs, locating a high resolution album cover, checking all the song titles and making edits. I have a preference how things look, and I try to make them all look the same.

nah, they've peaked, they're dead to me now! 😵🔫

only joking...!! 😉

i got a feelin' in me water the best is yet to come 💦🍆

Well, be sure to alert us at QQ, Adam, when your 'water' is about to break!

See the source image

THE SWEET SPOT

Last edited:
Here's the weird thing. I actually LOVE the process of ripping the discs, locating a high resolution album cover, checking all the song titles and making edits. I have a preference how things look, and I try to make them all look the same.

I do the same thing (I love the site albumartexchange.com for hirez cover art), but I take the downloaded metadata as a basis for that - import the metadata (usually from musicbrainz) and then I go back, add the album cover art I've sourced, and edit the album title field to add the format/channel layout in brackets after it, ie. for quad sacds I put (DSD64 Quadraphonic), for DVD-A rips it would be something like (96/24 5.1 Surround) etc. to differentiate them from the hirez stereo/CD stereo rips etc.

I do the same thing (I love the site albumartexchange.com for hirez cover art), but I take the downloaded metadata as a basis for that - import the metadata (usually from musicbrainz) and then I go back, add the album cover art I've sourced, and edit the album title field to add the format/channel layout in brackets after it, ie. for quad sacds I put (DSD64 Quadraphonic), for DVD-A rips it would be something like (96/24 5.1 Surround) etc. to differentiate them from the hirez stereo/CD stereo rips etc.

That's my go to site for quality album art.

Back