• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Sure, I would love to do that at least once. I just noticed the page before this was page 1234, is that good luck?
PLAY IT. If you win, you can quit your day job for sure and shake that booty .... and change your name to Obi Won McIntosh Kenobi!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
I thought I might regret giving E,W&F, HM&TBN, and the O'Jays first spins, but

1579999530657.png

even when there's no Smokey, there's still πŸ”₯FireπŸ”₯
A fun, adventurous, and thoughtful mix (though some may not dig those drums in the right rear; for me, the balance of the bass in the left rear works rather well) that makes this another D-V winner for me!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I thought I might regret giving E,W&F, HM&TBN, and the O'Jays first, spins but

View attachment 45577

even when there's no Smokey, there's still πŸ”₯FireπŸ”₯
A fun, adventurous, and thoughtful mix (though some may not dig those drums in the right rear; for me, the balance of the bass in the left rear works rather well) that makes this another D-V winner for me!
Would LOVE IT, Clement, if D~V could release a Stereo SACD of the Miracles City of Angels:

Last edited:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Get Reddy, get set, go

1580012795544.png

ahead and CRANK this--sounds much better LOUD; settle in and enjoy not only the music and the mix, but also some amazing liner notes--a stellar read @humprof : thorough, engaging, and informative!

A poll for each of the other January D-V releases, but no poll for this one? Feminists arise and demand justice!

Last edited:

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Get Reddy, get set, go

View attachment 45578

ahead and CRANK this--sounds much better LOUD; settle in and enjoy not only the music and the mix, but also some amazing liner notes--a stellar read @humprof : thorough, engaging, and informative!

A poll for each of the other January D-V releases, but no poll for this one? Feminists arise and demand justice!
Ugh, I am still waiting for this to arrive, every bone in my body says why did you buy it, a sucker for good 4.0 I guess. Thanks for the tip, turn it up. Have to listen when my wife is home hoping if I don't appreciate it, she will. Need to share and justify my hobby some times. Listening to Live Evil yesterday, she said, turn it off, I need a break :unsure:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
just a little warmup before i get back into the new batch
(for the gazillionth time already!)

Multichannel .🎼
Flutes. 🎷
Strings.. 🎻
and..
err Bassoons! 🎺

or was it bazooma's? 🍐🍐
no! bazookas! πŸ†πŸ†
bananas!! 🍌🍌🍌

bazinga!! 🀣
its MFSB's Philadelphia Freedom! i love love love it! yes i doooooo πŸ₯³

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I listened to some on YouTube awhile ago but it didn't grab me. I'll give it another try. Thanks !
anytime! πŸ‘ for me its (another) one of those 70's albums that i found to be greatly enhanced by being in multichannel, not least since the mix is so engaging it draws you deeper into the music.

Group builder