Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, not at all, I enjoy all kinds of complex Jazz, but this being a very in your face discrete Quad experience cranked up, I just need time to... acclimate šŸ˜¬

I haven't received my copy, as of yet, but remember hearing the RBCD for the first time and wincing somewhat at the egregious assault on the senses. I look forward to hearing it for the first time in QUAD with fresh ears as my tastes have changed over the years and I'm sure that long ago CD didn't really do it justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live-Evil_(Miles_Davis_album)

Last edited:
DTS-HD MA - 4.0 - 192khz - Nice full bass

MVIMG_20200128_161717.jpg

I know a lot of QQ posters aren't into Classical Music but with today's batch of January '20 R/B D~V QUAD SACDs I added this gorgeous two~fer which if you heard it would agree it's worth adding to one's collection [RCA Red Seal/QUAD SACD/Dutton Epoch 2017]:

For those quiet nights ..... when lights are low!

81CIis1VyEL._AC_SL1422_.jpg

I know a lot of QQ posters aren't into Classical Music but with today's batch of January '20 R/B D~V QUAD SACDs I added this gorgeous two~fer which if you heard it would agree it's worth adding to one's collection [RCA Red Seal/QUAD SACD/Dutton Epoch 2017]:

For those quiet nights ..... when lights are low!

81CIis1VyEL._AC_SL1422_.jpg
Whatā€™s in the rears?

I ordered my Live-Evil from Ebay Canada, and it has yet to arrive. Reading all of the reviews really has me jonesing (hmm) for my copy. Today, a package (hmm) arrived from Japan! I got very nervous when I felt something much smaller than 7" in the package (man, I can hear some of you salivating over my diction [hmm] choices--I'll keep setting 'em up). When I opened it up, I remembered ordering

1580347293041.png
Kimiko Kasai with Gil Evans Orchestra Satin Doll

A Sony Japan SACD of a 1972 Quad release! I'm still waiting for Miles, but this release is a real, discrete treat that will keep me busy until Live-Evil arrives

I ordered my Live-Evil from Ebay Canada, and it has yet to arrive. Reading all of the reviews really has me jonesing (hmm) for my copy. Today, a package (hmm) arrived from Japan! I got very nervous when I felt something much smaller than 7" in the package (man, I can hear some of you salivating over my diction [hmm] choices--I'll keep setting 'em up). When I opened it up, I remembered ordering

View attachment 45664 Kimiko Kasai with Gil Evans Orchestra Satin Doll

A Sony Japan SACD of a 1972 Quad release! I'm still waiting for Miles, but this release is a real, discrete treat that will keep me busy until Live-Evil arrives

Praytell, Clement.....review? I'm itching to redeem my CDJapan bonus points before they expire!

edit: according to CDJapan ... no longer available ...... WTF!

Back