Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt like rhythmic electronic music tonight so...

Kraftwerk 3-D The Catalogue

1581573648423.jpeg

in Atmos!

Linda Rondstadt, What's New, DVD-A MLP 5.1 24/96. This as in almost all DVD-A's sounds spectacular. The type of music does not lend it self to a surround that is like a rock band where things seem more discrete (different pieces in different speakers), however it is sonically beautiful, melting into Linda's voice at front and sliding back into a dream wold of surrounding sound. Feels like I am there.
51jTuSDBEML.jpg

View attachment 46168

Chet Atkins: Superpickers / Chet Atkins Picks the Best

Lute, you're killing me! That's 5 DV twofers that you listed in the last few two days that I don't have. How am I going to order only 5? That's an odd number and would break GOS's Law. (These are some interesting titles and a couple that I was unaware of.)

Listening to this favorite SACD in the surround community and can still be purchased new from CDJapan.
I am listening to it as it comes in 5.1, where the center is barely active.
In the poll thread it has been determined that enabling the center will not affect your listening experience but I'm lazy so just keeping the center the way it is, sounds great.
EICP-10004_ADD.jpg

Listening to this favorite SACD in the surround community and can still be purchased new from CDJapan.
I am listening to it as it comes in 5.1, where the center is barely active.
In the poll thread it has been determined that enabling the center will not affect your listening experience but I'm lazy so just keeping the center the way it is, sounds great.
View attachment 46178
Laziness is the mother of invention.

There is something about this disc I just love. It was my first Supertramp purchase that I ever bought of them. It was a 2 CD set. When I became a novice surround enthusiast people told me about this Blu Ray in 5.1 which it is barely, mostly stereo with ambient rears and the center is actually not used my amplifier needle for my center basically does not move, so advertised as 5.1 but really close to 4.0.
I am listening to a FLAC rip now of this video disc, when I watched/listened I loved the live video it really introduced the band to me, I never knew so many sang different songs and parts. This is one of those releases I am pleased to have in any capacity beyond stereo.
716WRQ0ZRRL._SX522_.jpg

Back