Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.E.M. Out of Time BD~A 5.1 96/24 Elliot Scheiner 5.1 remix

71Ld9ffl63L._SL1200_.jpg

First Qual LP (QS) now in the ole memory vault :QQlove
@Sonik Wiz kindly sent this one and a few others to me - Thanks Scott :love:

Thanks to all the folks here who have helped me get this new phase of my Surround journey off the ground!
@fredblue - @sjcorne - @Sonik Wiz - @4-earredwonder - @Snood - @steelydave and many more...
Yeah it feels like I should have won some award or something :giggle:

BB -SONIK-WIZ.jpg

This QS encoded LP is very interesting (thanks @steelydave for the heads up), as there are some songs that appear nowhere else in a Quad format. The Crusaders from Southern Comfort (one of my favs) as an example. Also, some songs sounded cleaner and more discrete than others. I liked the Crusaders, Dusty Springfield & John Lee Hooker tracks; but the Joe Walsh was a little disappointing.
The real bother about this title is they faded the songs into each other and only gave you a partial listen to the whole track. "Very Disappointing" Just makes you want some of it that much more though.
The Hooker is an actual Quad release (anyone got that LP?)
These can be had very inexpensively, probably due to partial songs I'd guess.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Per...oss-A-Psycho-acoustic-Odyssey/release/5758070
KOSS-PERSPECTIVES.jpg

KOSS-ISC2.jpg

I've been somewhat familiar with XTC since the early 90's, but they never really floated my boat. 30 years later, they're one of my favorites. Two of the longest gestating bands that at first I didn't care as much for, then later came to love is XTC and Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson.

Dude that I worked with delivering pizzas gave me a copy of Fear of a Blank Planet about 13 years ago and I thought it was interesting, but now The Porcupine Boys is one of my favorite bands ever!

Something I love doing, that I'm doing now, is putting my entire XTC collection (including The Dukes) on random play. 🐸
Drums and wires 👍👍👍

This QS encoded LP is very interesting (thanks @steelydave for the heads up), as there are some songs that appear nowhere else in a Quad format. The Crusaders from Southern Comfort (one of my favs) as an example. Also, some songs sounded cleaner and more discrete than others. I liked the Crusaders, Dusty Springfield & John Lee Hooker tracks; but the Joe Walsh was a little disappointing.
The real bother about this title is they faded the songs into each other and only gave you a partial listen to the whole track. "Very Disappointing" Just makes you want some of it that much more though.
The Hooker is an actual Quad release (anyone got that LP?)
These can be had very inexpensively, probably due to partial songs I'd guess.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Per...oss-A-Psycho-acoustic-Odyssey/release/5758070
View attachment 46287
View attachment 46288
So then it seems oddly odd that the Joe Walsh song is actually in two pieces, separated by two other songs. Other than that it seems a wide selection of samples.

Back