• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
In the midst of a rainy cold winter a true surge of balmy air and sunshine including a discrete and haunting version of the Beach Boys Sail on, Sailor [Silverline/MLP DVD~A 96/24 5.1] Includes a slide show during DVD~A playback!

Last edited:

Frogmort

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
So THIS is how you're spending your retirement, Frogmont ..... COOL.....VERY COOL!
No, if you'll notice, Fizzywiggs and I both posted pictures of cooking pots. They're illegal here in Frogmorton. You have to use what's called a hash-basket-boiler 'round these parts, and unfortunately I'm far from retirement. I'll be tending to the bogs and marshes here for many years to come. 🐸

Next up: Queen - Greatest Video Hits :smokin

Hamilton59

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Good Morning!
I’m starting today off with...
David Bowie - Young Americans
Just got to “Somebody Up There Likes Me” and the sax player had the unmistakeable sound of David Sanborn...what?! I looked through the CD insert but couldn’t find credits....straight to google/wiki and there he is! How cool! I didn’t know he played on this album... Young Americans will never sound the same to me again!

.....wait now, was that John Lennon???.... Heh heh heh!

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It's an AIX night here in Clement-land

View attachment 46406 The Latin Jazz Trio The Latin Jazz Trio

Muy bueno!
This is one of three remaining AIX DVD Audio releases I'm seeking Clem, to complete my AIX collection in this format.
I know they are out there, as ever the price has to be right!! :)
AIX Rules OK!!! :51QQ

Last edited:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
How do you rate this one Pups?
Got my copy earlier in the year.
I like it quite a bit, been listening to it mainly on my computer system so far (as I work on other things- I’ve been getting caught up on my SACD rips on my NUC, going very well thank you 😊 Mike!)
So, until I hear it critically on my main system, I’ll have to reserve any extended judgement.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Group builder