Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading this interesting THREAD prompted me to buy

1582373677825.png
Makino Jun Still Point

this interesting disc

Another disc I discovered through POLL surfing

View attachment 46564 Better Than Ezra How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mine reaches toward the sun, thank you; and yours?
I like how you added the POLL link in red. I'm going to try to remember to do that, added little bonus when looking at this surround thread, good idea.

Boz Scaggs - Greatest Hit's Live
If you like the Boz, this is a "can't live without" album. Top end is a little rolled off but otherwise a beautiful 5.1 disc to listen to. Includes all his best tunes done as best as you'd hope for.

001a7f4b_medium.jpeg

001a7fd3_medium.jpeg
Whoa, didn't know about that one. Gonna have to search it out.

This one is actually pretty darn good. And it is indeed 5.1 Its Electronic House with Rap and Rock. A tinge of Depeche Mode in certain tracks with great - subtle - use of surround

Ok, dammit, I've been watching this one on eBay a while . . . sigh . . . pressing the trigger. I hold you responsible ;) .

Hawkwind. Warrior On The Edge Of Time
Thank you Steven Wilson!

Preceded by Moody Blues In Search of the Lost Chord in Dulby
Still sounds bad.....

Give me Magnu anyday.
Currently spinning <in my room and head> WARRIOR and enjoying it mightily. Convinced me to get the first handful of albums, even if stereo, and have listened in the past days / daze. Love the connection with Paul Rudolph of the Pink Fairies (why no surround of them? sigh).

As for ISotLC . . . I beg to differ, given the tapes available, we couldn't have hoped for better!

Currently spinning <in my room and head> WARRIOR and enjoying it mightily. Convinced me to get the first handful of albums, even if stereo, and have listened in the past days / daze. Love the connection with Paul Rudolph of the Pink Fairies (why no surround of them? sigh).

As for ISotLC . . . I beg to differ, given the tapes available, we couldn't have hoped for better!
So, what is the fidelity on the Hawkwind earlier albums? I'd love to search some out.

Back