Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Benson BODY TALK [D~V/CTI/QUAD SACD] Rule of Thumb: When your BODY TALKS .... LISTEN!

81YPOZ97oQL._AC_SL1429_.jpg
Thanks for the heads-up on this, just scored one off ebay brand new from Germany for $19.06 shipped. I loved the 5.1 of Breezin, and Songs & Stories. Hope this is at least 1/2 as good. :)

George Benson BODY TALK [D~V/CTI/QUAD SACD] Rule of Thumb: When your BODY TALKS .... LISTEN!

81YPOZ97oQL._AC_SL1429_.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up on this, just scored one off ebay brand new from Germany for $19.06 shipped. I loved the 5.1 of Breezin, and Songs & Stories. Hope this is at least 1/2 as good. :)

I really like Songs & Stories. I don't care nearly as much for Body Talk. But at least you've already set your expectations at a very conservative 1/2 as good :phones

The "forgotten" E, W & F multichannel

View attachment 46572 Earth, Wind & Fire That's The Way Of The World: Alive In '75

Standard "live" mix: mostly audience and reverb in the rears (with the occasional surprise). Smokin' live performances and solid POLL showing

psst... Clem... your Poll is showing! 😋

Listening now to this fine DTS 5.1 20 bit recording, Brian Wilson-Imagination, released 1998. I accidentally bumped into this when LuvmyQuad suggested I get the Herb Alpert 5.1 DTS Passion Dance. This Brian Wilson came up and I purchased both for about $33.00. The Brian Wilson disc was mixed at his house, 20 bit mastering by bob Ludwig, remixed for DTS by Frank Papalardo. Love it, has an absolute big sound from studio muscians and carrys the big Pet Sounds vibe to it. No video image available as I am listening to the hard disk, have not ripped yet. I like how the vocals are front center, and then when his overdubbed backing vocals come in they are full rears, highly enjoyable. Unfortunately not listed in our QQ polls, but if it was I would vote 10.
41jfrvbq2-L.jpg

Listening now to this fine DTS 5.1 20 bit recording, Brian Wilson-Imagination, released 1998. I accidentally bumped into this when LuvmyQuad suggested I get the Herb Alpert 5.1 DTS Passion Dance. This Brian Wilson came up and I purchased both for about $33.00. The Brian Wilson disc was mixed at his house, 20 bit mastering by bob Ludwig, remixed for DTS by Frank Papalardo. Love it, has an absolute big sound from studio muscians and carrys the big Pet Sounds vibe to it. No video image available as I am listening to the hard disk, have not ripped yet. I like how the vocals are front center, and then when his overdubbed backing vocals come in they are full rears, highly enjoyable. Unfortunately not listed in our QQ polls, but if it was I would vote 10.
View attachment 46611

I didn't know about this one. Found one on discogs for $9.50 shipped.

My VERY FAVORITE George Benson CTI Recording was WHITE RABBIT. Although it was never remixed in surround, it would make a stellar D~V Stereo
SACD!
51geSaR3xGL._AC_.jpg
Have never heard this one Ralph; it should be great, just look at the other musicians on it and arranged by Sebesky too ... hmm 🧐

Back