• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
So I received a check in the mail today from the U.S. Treasury for a TRILLION DOLLARS. Should I CASH IT?

See the source image
I'll Buy up ALL The major record companies, have Steve Wilson, Elliot Scheiner, Greg Penny and Bob Clearmountain CLONED and everything will be remixed in DISCRETE SURROUND in Hi Res ONLY!

NO foofy lossy DVD~Vs in special POP UP PACKAGING!

Last edited:

esimms86

600 Club - QQ All-Star
I'll Buy up ALL The major record companies, have Steve Wilson, Elliot Scheiner, Greg Penny and Bob Clearmountain CLONED and everything will be remixed in DISCRETE SURROUND in Hi Res ONLY!

NO foofy lossy DVD~Vs in special POP UP PACKAGING!
You’re thinking too small Ralphie! I’d simply buy the rights to all the legacy quad releases and then give hire Michael Dutton to do his magic with the whole lot of them. If you’re talking sci fi then I would go back in time to just before the Universal fire and make sure that it never happened!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Aaron Neville - Nature Boy, The Standards Album SACD 5.1
What a beautiful surround mix, I love it.
View attachment 47851
Scheiner!
Love me some Elliot! Now I have mix envy
1585200830367.png
Spyro Gyra Wrapped in a Dream
Actually, the mix is very good. This completes my Spyro in surround collection. And this one is the lowest on the
POLL, though only six votes and one of their MC SACDs is missing a poll thread.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
one or two of the Susan Wong SACDs were pretty cool surround-wise as i recall.. 🤔

if loving you is Wong,
i don't wanna be Rear Right

from a surround pov., the only truly worthwhile one of these three jokers is "511", which if you don't mind a vocals all around mix is very good.

the other two are musically pleasant but most of the time you could get more surroundiness from upmixing.

the "My Live Stories" live disc Rears have faint trails of ambience with very very occasional accents (mostly blink and you'd miss them guitar pluck-age!) and the "Woman In Love" disc has subtle ambience with a few oohs and ahhs dotted around the Rears, more surroundily interesting than the Live disc but not as active as "511" and to me pretty much a waste of the potential of 5.1.

5593C204-02F8-4F00-9EDA-2AD8294585CF.jpeg

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
if loving you is Wong,
i don't wanna be Rear Right

from a surround pov., the only truly worthwhile one of these three jokers is "511", which if you don't mind a vocals all around mix is very good.

the other two are musically pleasant but most of the time you could get more surroundiness from upmixing.

the "My Live Stories" live disc Rears have faint trails of ambience with very very occasional accents (mostly blink and you'd miss them guitar pluck-age!) and the "Woman In Love" disc has subtle ambience with a few oohs and ahhs dotted around the Rears, more surroundily interesting than the Live disc but not as active as "511" and to me pretty much a waste of the potential of 5.1.

View attachment 47865
Cheers Adam
Always helpful to know which is worth splashing out on!!
Don't want to end up making the Wong decisions. :)

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Suzanne Ciani -Live

This has some serious panning going on

Er...havn't got the equipment to play the quad LP, so it's a flac version
have you got the LP?? 😱

Group builder