Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Wednesday Morning My Friends!

I'm starting today off with the beautiful...

Carpenters - singles 1969-1981
View attachment 47816
and it truly is Yesterday Once More!
That is a wonderful recording. I paid dearly to get a copy but it was well worth it. I wish Richard would do a surround mix of the new recording of the Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra!

sat in a sweet spot of jism,
all thanks to a nifty disc by Prism

CF88682D-1A98-427B-B236-8D070D41BD35.jpeg

Who is a poet
And don't know it...

A very good surround album Adam....NO poll OF COURSE. :rolleyes:

no Poll you say!?! 😱
why i'd give this an instant "10", love it 💘

lets put the bat signal out to Jon! 🔦💡📡

dear JonUrban

please can i have a QQ Poll for
Prism : Prism (Japanese Surround SACD)?

lotsa love,
Fweddums 😘

no Poll you say!?! 😱
why i'd give this an instant "10", love it 💘

lets put the bat signal out to Jon! 🔦💡📡

dear JonUrban

please can i have a QQ Poll for
Prism : Prism (Japanese Surround SACD)?

lotsa love,
Fweddums 😘
Yep a minimum of a 10 Adam
And to back up your plea, I'm playing mine now.
C'mon you friendly Mods, lets get this onto the, 'What's the score on the door...Miss Ford'!!
A local aside here in the UK!! :)

When am I going to learn?! I keep pre-ordering surround mixes of music I've never heard mixed by people I've never heard of... and it sounds like crap, lol! I'm only on track 1, but this sounds like an upmix to me... and there's no low end at all. Too bad, because I like the song and I can imagine how great this could be with orchestral and backing vocal elements in the rears. All I can say is if you like discrete surround mixes don't buy this.
Capture.JPG

Edit: Now I'm on "Things I Don't Understand", and this one sounds like it could be a true surround mix... acoustic guitar isolated in the rears and background vocal mostly in the rears... but also lots of "echo-y" stuff back there... like a Rich Chycki mix (and still no low end)... doesn't really sound pleasing to me.

Last edited:
When am I going to learn?! I keep pre-ordering surround mixes of music I've never heard mixed by people I've never heard of... and it sounds like crap, lol! I'm only on track 1, but this sounds like an upmix to me... and there's no low end at all. Too bad, because I like the song and I can imagine how great this could be with orchestral and backing vocal elements in the rears. All I can say is if you like discrete surround mixes don't buy this.
View attachment 47874
My copy is still on it’s way. I read that the stereo(sacrilege!) mix is excellent and I love the music so I’ll probably keep it.

My copy is still on it’s way. I read that the stereo(sacrilege!) mix is excellent and I love the music so I’ll probably keep it.
I think I'll try adding some low end and see if it helps... some of the songs sound like they could be true surround mixes (see above), but I'm not getting the feeling I'm looking for when I need that "surround fix", lol

Back