• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
from Jasmine Nightdreams to Tangerine Dreams at night ๐Ÿ’ซ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒ™

another boxset that's been sitting pretty in its cellophane for many a month..

now i'm in search of a good 5.1 mix, hope Mr. Wilson doesn't disappoint!!

cometh the hour, cometh the box set.. itssssss... ๐ŸŽบ

Tangerine Dreams: "In Search Of Hades"

time to slit the shrink.. zzzzippppp.. pour another glass of medicine... glug glug glug.. and we're switched on Bach-ing mad ๐Ÿ˜

View attachment 48323

edit: well the mix of the first track on the first BD was fabulous and what i believe may have been an upmix (?) thereafter was very Surround-y feeling and noice.
however, musically it was kinda a non-event.. so much so that i hadn't realised the actual album had ended and i'd had the menu background music on a permanent loop the last 25 minutes! well i thought it was kinda going nowhere.. HA!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
(replying to one's self on QQ the 47th sign of madness) Ricochet in this set... WOW!!!
i'm contemplating giving the box a "10"
on the basis of this mix alone!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
(replying to one's self on QQ the 47th sign of madness) Ricochet in this set... WOW!!!
i'm contemplating giving the box a "10"
on the basis of this mix alone!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Didn't I tell you that one was the SHIT :poop: ! You NEVER listen๐Ÿ™‰ to me!! Have I ever steered๐Ÿฎ you wrong? Don't answer that๐Ÿ™Š. Just listen๐Ÿ‘‚. To ME๐Ÿ˜ซ. Wait, . . . am I now demonstrating the 5๏ธโƒฃ3๏ธโƒฃrd sign of madness๐Ÿ˜ฑ? Or am I just listening to the greatest bonus track ever๐Ÿค”

1585681820242.png
Elton John Tumbleweed Connection๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿคช

what? who you calling an Old Man? and no--those are not my Shoes๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿฅพ!

Last edited:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Didn't I tell you that one was the SHIT :poop: ! You NEVER listen๐Ÿ‘‚ to me!! Have I ever steered๐Ÿฎ you wrong? Don't answer that. Just listen๐Ÿ‘‚. To ME๐Ÿ˜ซ. Wait, . . . am I now demonstrating the 5๏ธโƒฃ3๏ธโƒฃrd sign of madness๐Ÿ˜ฑ? Or am I just listening to the greatest bonus track ever๐Ÿค”

View attachment 48326 Elton John Tumbleweed Connection

what? who you calling an Old Man? and no--those are not my Shoes๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿฅพ!
oh boy!! you steered me to Shit Ahoy!!! ๐Ÿ˜˜

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
And now another plug for E.C again:
My favourite E.C. album, which I bought in 1975
E.C Was Here.
'What' , you say, there is no surround version.
There is on my PC now, as it's been Speckled...Hen, in his latest 2.2 release.

Thought I would give SpecWeb a shameless plug in this thread, as the latest update 2.2 is really pushing the boat out, in up-mixes.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
And now a shameless plug for E.C again:
My favourite E.C. album, which I bought in 1975
E.C Was Here.
'What' , you say, there is no surround version.
There is on my PC now, as it's been Speckled...Hen, in his latest 2.2 release.

Thought I would give SpecWeb a shameless plug in this thread, as the latest update 2.2 is really pushing the boat out, in up-mixes.
oh you lowdown SpecWeb chugger plugger you!! ๐Ÿ˜˜

i wonder if there ever really was an unreleased Quad of E.C. Was Here as was specumalated upon.....?? ๐Ÿค”

ps. while Ralph's away (probably shopping for Hiromi's Brain somewhere ๐Ÿ˜‹) somebody has to keep the puns flowing 'round here like wine. not sure how much longer i can keep them flowing, on the dregs of the 3rd bottle ๐Ÿฅด