Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8ECEFC71-AA22-4E66-9E6D-9166FDFA0265.jpeg

Johann Adam Reincken: Complete Organ Works
Andreas Kneller: Complete Organ Works
Christian Geist: Complete Organ Works

Friedhelm Flamme (organ)

Mellow, yet impressive pieces for organ by 3 composers from Northern Europe, whom the young J.S. Bach would have been familiar with. Good album to chill to.

1590294211631.png

Sisters & Brothers - Eric Bibb/Rory Block/Maria Muldaur SACD 5.1

Kind of an obscure title - not the most surroundy but far more than just ambience in the rears. This is an enjoyable listen with a mix of blues and gospel. Worth checking out if these genres are your jam. There does not appear to be a poll on this title.

1C3DF6AD-1C97-4252-AB92-34A965EFD54A.jpeg

John Adson: Grays Inn
John Dowland: My Lord Willoughby’s Welcome Home
Cesare Negri: Brando di Cales
Fabritio Caroso da Sermoneta: Passo e mezzo
Anon.: My Lady Carey’s Dompe; Lady Wynkfield’s Rownde
Handel: Rondeau dans Zaïde (arr. by Michel Blavet); Sonata in G Major
Bach: Andante (from BWV 1034)
James Oswald: The Thistle; The Laurel
Traditional: Dorrington Lads; Yeil, Yeil; A Wife of My Ain; Sitting in the Stern of a Boat; Thugamar Fein an Samradh Linn; The Road to Lisdoonvarna; The Star Above the Garter; Carnac
Adrian Le Roy: Passemeze
Joseph Bodin de Boismortier: Premier Suite in E minor
Pietro Locatelli: Minuetto and Variations
Robert Ballard: Branles de Village

Ronn McFarlane, lute
Mindy Rosenfeld, flute

Well...we didn’t need “Nine Notes” to shake the world... it took only one word! :ROFLMAO: Anyway, these nine notes are a delightful way to relax and find some piece of mind. There are only 2 musicians on this recording, so it’s fairly mild in the surround department.

Last edited:
a real beauty found on @Guitmark site
http://markdoyle.com/archivestore.htmlscroll ALL the way to the bottom (no reflection on the quality of this one!)

1590334426970.png
Laura Austin Bittersweetheart

Description from the site:
Long out-of-print and never before available online, this great 2009 collection of songs by Scott Allyn was Produced and Arranged by Mark, and mixed in glorious DTS 24 bit/96k 5.1 Surround by Rich Mendelson. The package includes a DVD of all songs, with video and lyric content, as well as a CD of all songs.

I bought the last one when i picked up Mark's Out of the Past double DVD and asked him to let me know when more are available. This one is really well done. Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

This is probably an inappropriate thread to post this extraordinary Amazon Prime 4 season "Event' but in terms of content and brilliant utilization of surround, I'm doing it anyway. And if you think it's all about Classical Music, think OTHERWISE. It deals with the struggles of genius and the manipulation of our cherished National Orchestras and the presentation, IMO, is extraordinary and SURPRISING with a BRILLIANT Revolving cast. Currently streaming on AMAZON PRIME

MOZART in the JUNGLE

See the source image
Holy crap... Bernadette Peters looks amazing! (72 years old!)

Back