• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
One of my favorites found through this very thread
1591148713405.png
Jackie Leven Shining Brother Shining Sister
Thank you ALL! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
One of my favorites found through this very thread
View attachment 52074 Jackie Leven Shining Brother Shining Sister
Thank you ALL! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
IMO, VERY underrated. On my system, it sounds phenomenol. Gorgeous melodies, lyrics and a state of the art discrete surround recording.

You're welcome, Clem!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Filtered the Surround titles...

In all fairness, a few of the HDTT BD~A 4.0 discs have been released by Dutton Vocalion on QUAD 4.0 SACDs, and, IMO, do sound superior to the RCA DOLBY b Open Reel transfers. The Charles Gerdhardt Film Scores and Ormandy/Horowitz recordings come to mind.

But I will say, the latest HDTT Jazz/Classical Offerings from 15 ips Open Reels sound pretty amazing...albeit in Stereo/Mono. Just purchased 20 of them for roughly $6.75 each on DVD~A R [192/24] during HDTT's recent 25% off Memorial Day Sale!

A REAL TRIP if you liked those old Command Recordings and recorded by Robert Fine of MERCURY LIVING PRESENCE fame:

Last edited:

Arconada

Yesterday I wallowed myself in memories: the Greatest hits of Cat Stevens.
Originally CD4, I felt it lacked a stable center front. So I turned the 4 channels into 5.0, with a much more satisfying result.

Last edited:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Absolutely loving this one
View attachment 50700 Mark Doyle's GUITAR NOIR Out of the Past--LIVE!
I found the link to order it in the comments of this most excellent Life in Surround interview:

For Mark's Guitar Noir Out of the Past Live! Scroll down and look left here: http://www.markdoyle.com/archivestore...
@Guitmark and @edisonbaggins !!!
I agree! I listened to this after Mary Fahl's "Dark Side..", its really good, and its in surround, the keyboards in Left Rear for example, (the audience only appears in the rears at the end of each track). The musicianship is excellent. A lot of the guitar reminds of Jeff Beck (which is a good thing), the string quartet makes it as they add 'depth' - I love the cello in music, the 6 string Bass sounds good too. I was working whilst listening (and kind of watching) which as this is an instrumental album is easier than it sounds!

Edit: BTW the DVD plays perfectly well on my UK region only Oppo.

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
disc FROZE on track three on Sony UBP-X800! SO blessed that @Snood and @edisonbaggins helped me score an OPPO! All is well . . . for now!
POLL
My Sony UBP-X800 is temperamental as well.
I need to unplug it and it cooperates. Decent machine for a good price but it sure isn't an Oppo !