Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This also arrived today, Kansas - The Absence of Presence Blu-ray, I am listening to the LPCM, it's a bit different to the Be-Bop the surround is not so 'in your face' and I am getting the urge to up the rears a bit, but there is stuff going on in them, the whole thing sounds less defined. The music itself is great though.
View attachment 54021
Didnt order this one Sven, as I thought it would be an unknown quantity!!

Very pleased with Axe Victim, this is a very good record and mix. First listen for me. Although I remember 'John Peel' playing their music on his fantastic radio show .

Axe victim is a clear 9+ and rapidly becoming my favourite release by the Be Boppers.

Last edited:

Very pleased with Axe Victim, this is a very good record and mix. First listen for me. Although I remember 'John Peel' playing their music on his fantastic radio show .

Axe victim is a clear 9+ and rapidly becoming my favourite release by the Be Boppers.

AXE, and YOU SHALL RECEIVE. CANNOT WAIT TO GET MY COPY!

See the source image

Now this is interesting, I've never come across it before, but I'm now playing the Kansas back in DTS HD-Master and I swear it sounds much better, less muddy with much brighter highs, even the surrounds are louder, I'll have to do some more back to back testing but that's my findings.

Now this is interesting, I've never come across it before, but I'm now playing the Kansas back in DTS HD-Master and I swear it sounds much better, less muddy with much brighter highs, even the surrounds are louder, I'll have to do some more back to back testing but that's my findings.
I have had 5 full listens now and some single songs, in the Sony and the OPPO and I think the DTS has an edge over LPCM, I always choose LPCM if the choice is there DTS second and Dolby last. I am really loving the songs on this though, an excellent album.

Last edited:
Back