Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devin Townsend - Empath

Empath-Ultimate-Edition.jpg

I just went to sample it based on that response and it sounds like i'll be needing to buy this release too. I'm already past my monthly budget but maybe I can sneak this in...

I hate to put you deeper in the hole, but all three Pineapple Thief 5.1 albums are worth seeking out if you like modern prog. The Where We Stood CD/Blu-ray package in particular is a steal since you get an entire studio album (Your Wilderness) in 5.1, an entire studio EP (8 Years Later) in 5.1, rearranged acoustic versions of a few songs in 5.1, and two different 5.1 mixes of the same live concert all on one disc for $15(!).

I hate to put you deeper in the hole, but all three Pineapple Thief 5.1 albums are worth seeking out if you like modern prog. The Where We Stood CD/Blu-ray package in particular is a steal since you get an entire studio album (Your Wilderness) in 5.1, an entire studio EP (8 Years Later) in 5.1, rearranged acoustic versions of a few songs in 5.1, and two different 5.1 mixes of the same live concert all on one disc for $15(!).
Oh now look what you’ve done... just when I think I’ve got enough to start slowing down a little, I just keep getting pulled back in. And this hobby is seeming like an eternal hole!

Maybe one day my wallet will be full again...

Oh now look what you’ve done... just when I think I’ve got enough to start slowing down a little, I just keep getting pulled back in. And this hobby is seeming like an eternal hole!

Maybe one day my wallet will be full again...

Just be glad you don't collect vintage quad LPs and tapes too :ROFLMAO:

Devin Townsend Empath Deluxe.
Since I last listened to it I replaced my cheap lg BR player, 55" tv and Vizio V51-H6 sound bar with a 70" 4k LG, Yamaha RX-V385 AVR, Sony UBP-X700 and Klipsch 5.1 reference sound. Still entry level surround but at least it is real this time and not emulated with a sound bar.
wow
what next, Doobies Quad, new Pineapple Thief, older stuff ... I guess I better find out the volume threshold that keeps me out of trouble while the better half is asleep.

This song is killer too... sounds like it could have been left over from "Exile". Not a lot in the rears, but enough to make me happy. I boosted the low end so the kick "kicks" me harder... some good percussion, hand claps and baritone sax in the rears. And the kick, while not isolated behind you, is brought out into the room, right in your face...
Capture.JPG

Fleetwood Mac Tusk 5.1

On a sidenote im thinking about picking up the boxset 1969-74 for the christine mcvie n bob welch older songs although in that format known as cd stereo

Any comments on this recently released stereo cd set???

Fleetwood Mac Tusk 5.1

On a sidenote im thinking about picking up the boxset 1969-74 for the christine mcvie n bob welch older songs although in that format known as cd stereo

Any comments on this recently released stereo cd set???

I picked up this bargain import 5-CD set a few years back for less than $18 to cover that era. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MMFBQ6

That new Rhino box looks like a major upgrade with the unreleased concert, more discs & bonus tracks.

Back