Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T. Rex - Electric Warrior - Japanese SACD DSD 5.1 - Front Jewel Case.jpg

Last edited:
@skherbeck Do you just buy every multichannel release that has ever been created? I'm always impressed with what you have gotten your hands onto.

And to keep on topic, some early morning listening: Chicago V from the Quadio set! Good way to start the day.
Like many of us, yeah. Pretty much buy anything (well, not really, but seems like it)

On the other hand - Skherbeck also does quite a bit of his own upmixes and or mixes. So....

I really enjoy this one a lot, and it probably is worth $50, but if you're interested (and patient) I'd hold fire for the time being - Sony Japan just put out the quad mix of Headhunters as one of their 7" mini-LP replicas, and every artist they've done that with so far (Jeff Beck, Miles Davis, and it looks like Santana is heading this way) they've gone on to reissue every quad the artist released.

As good as AF's quad SACDs were, where AF and Sony Japan both did the same title (Jeff Beck Group's orange album for example) I've preferred the Sony Japan masterings, which just seem to have a bit more low end, and generally sound a bit more lively or exciting - if they did Thrust it would definitely be one I'd double dip on based on my satisfaction with their previous reissues.
Thanks Jonathan and Dave. I will remain patient and wait for an eventual Japanese 7” SACD release.

@skherbeck Do you just buy every multichannel release that has ever been created? I'm always impressed with what you have gotten your hands onto.

And to keep on topic, some early morning listening: Chicago V from the Quadio set! Good way to start the day.
Pretty much, although I’m slowing down lately!

Back