Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm MOS DEF being led into . . . the Temptations–they comin' at me from
1610466741660.png
All Directions

POLL
https://www.discogs.com/The-Temptations-All-Directions/release/4905035

Kinobe ‎– Versebridgechorus?
SACD 5.1 mix

Some spacey discrete-ness from the surrounds.

"Kinobe's sound is way too diverse then to be bracketed into any one particular genre. As you listen to it you're never sure which direction the music will drift into.
It seems to change with alarming regularity-one minute sounding like Air, then going to Groove Armada-then onto some techno before coming off all trip-hop and sounding like Massive Attack at their most threatening"

View attachment 61577
View attachment 61578

i used to like this one! hope it passes the discrete-o-matic sniff test! 🥳

It DOES! Peep what one of my favourite QQers had to say about it:
". . . but the surround mix here is absolutely superb, wide open and airy with its fair share of excellent discrete sounds and certainly as good an example of the genre in surround as the Groove Armada SACDs, if not better."
Who? Why,
YOU, blue! 🥳

Last edited:
It DOES! Peep what one of my favourite QQers had to say about it:
but the surround mix here is absolutely superb, wide open and airy with its fair share of excellent discrete sounds and certainly as good an example of the genre in surround as the Groove Armada SACDs, if not better.
Who? Why,
YOU, blue!

oh i'd ignore anything i said pre-2015! 😂
hell i'd be sceptical about a lot of it post-2015 too! 🤣

It was done by Dave Pemberton, who (according to his website where I found this info) was also a member of the band - he also did the Groove Armada 5.1s and a number of other seemingly-unreleased 5.1 mixes.

It was done by Dave Pemberton, who (according to his website where I found this info) was also a member of the band - he also did the Groove Armada 5.1s and a number of other seemingly-unreleased 5.1 mixes.

oh aye.. him..! 🤩 i think after reading about the SW 5.1 of Seeds Of Love etc., it seemed that he maybe did the (marvellous) Matt Bianco SACD?

Back