Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You should hear Cornholio sing "Lesbian Seagull"
Steven Wilson ‎– To The Bone
Blu-ray 5.1 mix

"First issue to address: `To The Bone' is NOT a pop album. But it does contain some obviously poppy moments scattered throughout it.
Sometimes reminiscent of mid-period `Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun'-era Porcupine Tree with their indie-rock crossover appeal.
Exceptionally well inspired and very artistic rock music. Approachable hooks, highly polished and emotive instrumental work, interesting & creative songwriting, and some quietly optimistic lyrics"

IMG_20210125_180103.jpg
IMG_20210125_180232.jpg

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Analogue Productions has released some brilliant two and three channel SACDs from the great Nat King Cole but this Membran beauty, albeit in faux surround, contains 24 tracks from Cole in stunning sonics

Last edited:

efb18

Mike Oldfield- Tubular Bells 2003

Fun re-recording of his classic. Great 5.1 mix IMO. John Cleese as the announcer hams it up.

I learned from perusing these boards that Oldfield released a number of his albums in 5.1 a few years ago. Bummer that I didn’t know that. They’re all OOP now and outrageously expensive on the used market.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Mike Oldfield- Tubular Bells 2003

Fun re-recording of his classic. Great 5.1 mix IMO. John Cleese as the announcer hams it up.

I learned from perusing these boards that Oldfield released a number of his albums in 5.1 a few years ago. Bummer that I didn’t know that. They’re all OOP now and outrageously expensive on the used market.
EFB, CDJapan is listing three Mike Oldfield 2 SHM~CD/DVD~V 5.1 deluxe versions released in December of 2020. [first three listed are the remasters]:

ALL ARE LIMITED EDITIONS

Last edited:

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
This is the Analogue Productions 2016 5.1 version, the so called corrected phase version vs the Japanese 2014 5.1 version.
Both are good, and it really takes some ears to tell the difference, and in my case I needed pen and paper.
I am certainly not as good as some of these whiz kids that belong to QQ.
R-8474210-1572165411-8825.jpeg.jpg