Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Lara St. John & the SimĂłn BolĂ­var Youth Orchestra of Venezuela conducted by Eduardo Marturet VIVALDI The Four Seasons and PIAZZOLA's The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires [Ancalagon/Multi~CH SACD] Brilliant realizations by violinist Lara St. John

Four Seasons / Vivaldi & Piazzolla

ubertrout

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Lara St. John & the SimĂłn BolĂ­var Youth Orchestra of Venezuela conducted by Eduardo Marturet VIVALDI The Four Seasons and PIAZZOLA's The Four Seasons of Buenos Aires [Ancalagon/Multi~CH SACD] Brilliant realizations by violinist Lara St. John

Four Seasons / Vivaldi & Piazzolla
Early in her career Lara St. John did an album cover (below) that kind of made people think she wasn't serious. It's a shame, and her SACD releases on her own label (HRAudio.net - Discs by Label) have been generally excellent - I think her complete Bach Solo Violin Sonatas and Partitas (a re-recording of this release) is up there with Julia Fischer's version on Pentatone.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

efb18

OK, I have a problem. I just received this in the mail, and my receiver doesn't play it as quad. My player (cheap Sony) says it recognizes it as 4.0; the receiver (Yamaha RX-V385) doesn't, and just gives a stereo output. I've never had this issue before. Does anyone here know what the deal could be, or where on these forums I can ask?

Last edited: