Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Perp, rather than PLAYING THE VICTIM, I just took the initiative of contacting VICKY @ Esoteric to voice my opinion that the Alan Parson's 5.1 remix was TOO BRIGHT and some on QQ Forum [in the states] feel it's somewhat unlistenable and is there ANY chance [maybe 1 in a million] that ESOTERIC would be amenable to releasing a LOSSLESS stand alone BD~A disc in the future. I also told them my DVD~V 5.1/Stereo portion of the box set was SCRATCHED in shipment and asked for a replacement disc.

I purchased some of those Japanese plastic CD sleeves(the ones MoFi and others use) from an eBayer out of Los Angeles and they arrived today. I know everyone has their favorite type of packaging but as much as I hate standard CD Jewel Cases, I dislike the method they used to package the CD’s in the Al Stewart box. The first thing I’m going to do is throw all four discs in those plastic sleeves so there isn’t any further damage.

I purchased some of those Japanese plastic CD sleeves(the ones MoFi and others use) from an eBayer out of Los Angeles and they arrived today. I know everyone has their favorite type of packaging but as much as I hate standard CD Jewel Cases, I dislike the method they used to package the CD’s in the Al Stewart box. The first thing I’m going to do is throw all four discs in those plastic sleeves so there isn’t any further damage.

Which is EXACTLY what I did, Perp .... with YOTC and be bop deluxe's Drastic Plastic. I likewise ordered those japanese poly sleeves on ebay [100].

BTW, my email to Vicky @ Esoteric was NOT delivered ..... mailbox was FULL. Probably complaints from EVERYBODY about the shoddy packaging of the YOTC box set and the ultra BRITTLE 5.1 remix. LOL! Will try again Monday.

storm-corrosion-COVER.jpeg

This isn't exactly the most accessible music out there, but the fidelity of this disc is just astounding--especially the closing track, "Ljudet Innan". Possibly Steven Wilson's best-sounding production, though there's plenty of competition in that area.

Just got done listening to this one for the first time, and I must say, seems to be music suited well for some Florida Old Age Retirement Home, Elevator music or Synchronized Swimming competition -glad DV is restoring to digital whatever they can get their hands on...
but I had to cleanse my palate with the following title, even though a little thin sounding, Content is King!!! 👑
also realized the song "If You Want Me To Stay" isn't in Quad anywhere AFAIK.
- Funk Me More :dance

1618165334985.png
--
1618165496152.png

Just got done listening to this one for the first time, and I must say, seems to be music suited well for some Florida Old Age Retirement Home, Elevator music or Synchronized Swimming competition -glad DV is restoring to digital whatever they can get their hands on...
but I had to cleanse my palate with the following title, even though a little thin sounding, Content is King!!!👑
also realized the song "If You Want Me To Stay" isn't in Quad anywhere AFAIK.
- Funk Me More :dance

View attachment 65821--View attachment 65822

With D~V, Pupster🐶, you take the good with the bad ...... it can't ALL be Rock 'n Roll and to this day, I admire the diversity of releases the Wizard has bestowed upon us.

And AFAIK, NO elevator has QUAD speakers unless some savvy office building had them installed just to play Hugo's MAMMY BLUE, Dude!

See the source image

With D~V, Pupster, you take the good with the bad ...... it can't ALL be Rock 'n Roll and to this day, I admire the diversity of releases the Wizard has bestowed upon us.

And AFAIK, NO elevator has QUAD speakers unless some savvy office building had them installed just to play Hugo's MAMMY BLUE, Dude!
And, since the last batc from DV was more rock, I assume the next batch will be easy listening. Which, suits me just fine. Love them all...

Back