Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frampton has a new album coming out tomorrow. All instrumental. Covers of tunes by Bowie, Harrison, Roxy Music and more. Sounds like it will be very sweet. :phones

Thanks for sharing. Would certainly make an awesome BD~A incorporating those amazing videos as a bonus!

On the heels of his recently released New York Times Best Selling memoir, the rock n' roll legend and Grammy winning artist Peter Frampton turns his focus back to music with his new studio album Frampton Forgets The Words. With his 1954 Les Paul Phenix, Frampton brings virtuosic guitar playing to 10 instrumental tributes to his favorite songs including "Isn't It A Pity" by George Harrison, "Reckoner" by Radiohead, "Loving The Alien" by David Bowie, and more.

81BakbVs35L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Haha yea some are on my kitchen worktop the tiles and stones are in the garden and then there's the dining room floor, trying to get the best lighting or where the particular release fits, the Opeth is too big to get the jaunty angle on the kitchen worktop.
And there was me thinking you had been to the beach on the Gower Peninsula!! Sven.

Frampton has a new album coming out tomorrow. All instrumental. Covers of tunes by Bowie, Harrison, Roxy Music and more. Sounds like it will be very sweet. :phones

Ooh didn't know about this one, just added it to my Amazon music wish list.
Which, by the way, has a crazy amount of surround releases in it!!

I like to wait for them all important price drops....being careful with the family purse strings.
Or as my daughter likes to call it.....tight!! :D

Being a huge Led Zepp. fan back in the day, I can relate. I was going to take leave from my Air Force gig in Omaha 1975 with a buddy. We got tickets for two of their shows; believe Kansas City and Oakland. But Plant got banged up in an accident and turned out I never got to see them live.
BTW, anybody holding? (LZ surround that is!)
I never got to see Led Zepp either! They were due to play Knebworth in 1979, I'd just finished Uni and my parents then lived near-ish (15 miles or so away) but had just moved to the other side of the country, so no free hotel or lifts (I didn't drive then), plus I was broke, so I thought I'll see them next year, and so never did :(

If you are into a mild hip, hoppy style of music then it's not bad, Ralphie.
I like to diversify, as long as its not grating on the old lugholes.

Also picked it up cheap as chips....seems to be a recurring theme there!! :D

CHEAP is GOOD, Mike. Some of my best discs, surround or otherwise [especially UHD4K discs] were cheap as DIRT [no pun intended to your Potato crop]!🥔

CHEAP is GOOD, Mike. Some of my best discs, surround or otherwise [especially UHD4K discs] were cheap as DIRT [no pun intended to your Potato crop]!🥔
If we don't get rain soon Ralphie, then all crops are going to be a real problem this year.
Only had a dribble in the last month and nothing to speak of, is predicted, over the next couple of weeks.

If we don't get rain soon Ralphie, then all crops are going to be a real problem this year.
Only had a dribble in the last month and nothing to speak of, is predicted, over the next couple of weeks.
:eek: but as good old Pink Floyd said "And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown"

PS: I'm going to try and grow some potatoes for the first time this year!

So, Climate Change is certainly a reality, Mike. If you lived in the midwestern United States, you would've had a deluge of wicked weather .... tornadoes, hail the size of tennis balls and flooding. Thankfully, in the East we had a relatively mild winter, snow wise and just enough rain to support the adage: April Showers Brings May Flowers.

Hopefully, you'll receive your much needed rain or blast your speakers out of the window towards the crops ....... Music supposedly supports plant growth!

:eek: but as good old Pink Floyd said "And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown"

PS: I'm going to try and grow some potatoes for the first time this year!
Pity we cant add two or more emoji's to say what we mean (Admin are you reading this?)
Wanted to add :D
Which variety are you thinking of growing Dunc?
In the ground or via tubs?

Pity we cant add two or more emoji's to say what we mean (Admin are you reading this?)
Wanted to add :D
Which variety are you thinking of growing Dunc?
In the ground or via tubs?
As I have a large patio, in potato bags on the patio, also bought a 1.8m VegTrug (for initially lettuce, rocket, spring onions, and radish), and some grow bags for the tomatoes. No point in trying to grow in the garden the ground is mostly clay and the badgers like to dig up anything I have tried planting!! They'll need a step ladder now :ROFLMAO:
Can't remember which spuds they are my neighbour gave them to me, but they are main crop not early ones.

As I have a large patio, in potato bags on the patio, also bought a 1.8m VegTrug (for initially lettuce, rocket, spring onions, and radish), and some grow bags for the tomatoes. No point in trying to grow in the garden the ground is mostly clay and the badgers like to dig up anything I have tried planting!! They'll need a step ladder now :ROFLMAO:
Can't remember which spuds they are my neighbour gave them to me, but they are main crop not early ones.
My Main Crop Is the Sarpo Mira variety.
Potato Sarpo Mira (Maincrop Seed Potato) is an outstanding disease resistant variety. Sarpo Mira has floury flesh and is a great all-round choice, being especially suitable for roasting, baking and chipping.

My Main Crop Is the Sarpo Mira variety.
Potato Sarpo Mira (Maincrop Seed Potato) is an outstanding disease resistant variety. Sarpo Mira has floury flesh and is a great all-round choice, being especially suitable for roasting, baking and chipping.
Well I used to work for some Semiconductor companies so chipping sounds great :rolleyes:

See the source image

Back