Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never picked up the Division Bell box set.. bought the single Audio DVD instead back when it first came out, it would suffice...sounds pretty good to my ears..

1621666581584.png

57A5697D-1A4F-414E-923B-C4FA0251018B.jpeg

J.S. Bach:

Prelude and Fugue in C minor, BWV 546
Partite sopra Sei gegrüsset, Jesu gütig, BWV 768
Allein Gott in der Höh' sei Ehr', BWV 663
Prelude and Fugue in C major, BWV 547
Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659
Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 582

Gisbert Schneider (Silbermann Organ in Freiberg Cathedral)

Last edited:
Hey 4ears how is the surround on Script?
I would like to add to my Marillon collection only have misplaced childhood which I love and Fear on sacd yet to listen to it
Are only the Wilson surround remixes the ones to get?

Hey 4ears how is the surround on Script?
I would like to add to my Marillon collection only have misplaced childhood which I love and Fear on sacd yet to listen to it
Are only the Wilson surround remixes the ones to get?

It's not as adventuresome as the Steve Wilson's but a great album and if you can get it for a decent price ..... GRAB IT!

how is the surround on Script?

I felt it was a missed opportunity. The rears are used primarily for drum reverb, with the odd keyboard part or backing vocal popping up back there on occasion. "Chelsea Monday"--my favorite track on the album--has just echoes in the back until the very end, when Fish whispers "she was only dreaming" in the right rear speaker. The final track, "Forgotten Sons", gets a bit more adventurous with the lead vocal moving to the rears at a key moment and the rhythm guitars clearly isolated in the rears for the last minute or so.

I also found the instrument balances to be a bit off in a few spots: Fish's vocals in the center speaker seem rather loud at times, while some of the backing vocal parts in "He Knows You Know" ("venom in your stomach, poison in your head") are buried in the rears. The remix does sound quite a bit cleaner than the original stereo mix, though it's not as dynamic.

I felt it was a missed opportunity. The rears are used primarily for drum reverb, with the odd keyboard part or backing vocal popping up back there on occasion. "Chelsea Monday"--my favorite track on the album--has just echoes in the back until the very end, when Fish whispers "she was only dreaming" in the right rear speaker. The final track, "Forgotten Sons", gets a bit more adventurous with the lead vocal moving to the rears at a key moment and the rhythm guitars clearly isolated in the rears for the last minute or so.

I also found the instrument balances to be a bit off in a few spots: Fish's vocals in the center speaker seem rather loud at times, while some of the backing vocal parts in "He Knows You Know" ("venom in your stomach, poison in your head") are buried in the rears. The remix does sound quite a bit cleaner than the original stereo mix, though it's not as dynamic.

Great assessment, Jonathan. I'd like to add that the bonus features are a superb addition to the package, most especially since they included the awesome "LIVE AT THE MARQUEE CLUB" [93 minutes/LPCM 48/24 Stereo] on the BD~A as well as on RBCD 3 & 4, and bonus promo videos including an 11 minute clip of Live At The Marquee Club in 96/24 LPCM 5.1. Nit pickin' aside, a glorious package.

Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the music of
Peter Green and the early years of Fleetwood Mac

BDA - Dolby Atmos

So, in all honestly, this is not a surround disc. I mean, the is so little information in rears and Atmos speakers....reverb, some minor elements. Regardless of that, this thing is a freaking monster. The sound quality is big and wide and just sounds spectacular. Jaw dropping really. The performances on every single song are top shelf.

This is such an easy purchase for the money, if you like the bluesy Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac, you really do need this. Hell, even if you don't know if you like it....you need this.

Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the music of
Peter Green and the early years of Fleetwood Mac

BDA - Dolby Atmos

So, in all honestly, this is not a surround disc. I mean, the is so little information in rears and Atmos speakers....reverb, some minor elements. Regardless of that, this thing is a freaking monster. The sound quality is big and wide and just sounds spectacular. Jaw dropping really. The performances on every single song are top shelf.

This is such an easy purchase for the money, if you like the bluesy Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac, you really do need this. Hell, even if you don't know if you like it....you need this.
Darn Amazon were going long a couple times; but in the last couple weeks they’ve been going in the opposite direction and pushing delivery dates up (so maybe by the end of the month now) seems I’ve been waiting forever.

Darn Amazon were going long a couple times; but in the last couple weeks they’ve been going in the opposite direction and pushing delivery dates up (so maybe by the end of the month now) seems I’ve been waiting forever.
Mine is from Amazon too. OUt of the blue, I got a notification that it would be delivered today.

Back