Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate the music of
Peter Green and the early years of Fleetwood Mac

BDA - Dolby Atmos

So, in all honestly, this is not a surround disc. I mean, the is so little information in rears and Atmos speakers....reverb, some minor elements. Regardless of that, this thing is a freaking monster. The sound quality is big and wide and just sounds spectacular. Jaw dropping really. The performances on every single song are top shelf.

This is such an easy purchase for the money, if you like the bluesy Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac, you really do need this. Hell, even if you don't know if you like it....you need this.
Agreed 100%

having a leisurely Sunday morning shuffling my MC SACD SSD and here's a few highlights-

She's Only A Woman
*totally bad ass Dutton Vocalion title - love it!
FRU.jpg

Manteca
*Made me realize how much Gordon Goodwin owes to the music of Maynard- really hit me how similar the music is!

MF.jpg

The Lady Caliph - Dinner
* just look at this sweet cover shot of these two!
seems they're really enjoying working together, another stunner.

YYM-M.jpg

These Eyes
*but then this one hit; and it was like a breath of fresh air; took me right back to the late '60's-'70s of my youth, the best time for growth and discovery for me and my most loved era of music.

TBOTGW.jpg

I was rummaging through the too listen to mountain for something 'different' musically to listen to (I've been a Blues-rock phase!) and uncovered this I'd got from Dutton Vocalion a while back. Listening to Carmina Burana Quad mix by Raymond Moore - excellent mix, really enjoying it probably the only opera I like!

(...... and I can't explain why I don't like opera, or musicals for that matter, other than at school every year we did a Gilbert & Sullivan performance as the Headmaster was a massive fan - I discovered I wasn't!)

1621945723728.png

Back